Military Brides

Color issues with army dress greens!

My fiance is in the army and is planning on wearing his dress greens (the rest of the groomsmen will be in tuxes). I know that I shouldn't try to match the bridal party with the green in his uniform, but does anyone have any ideas as to which colors would compliment his uniform nicely? The wedding is in Feburary if this makes a difference. Thanks a bunch!

Re: Color issues with army dress greens!

• edited December 2011
    Have you thought of what you want the colors of the wedding to be? Winter Colors? Pastels, Brights?? I think the only thing that wouldn't work IMO is another shade of green.
    I had this same problem except with the Air Force Mess Dress (Navy Blue). FI and I decided that since he is Groom he should stand out and it didn't matter if the others were not matchy matchy.

HTH!
  • elizabethm4elizabethm4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just doing black and cream with the Army dress greens to keep things simple, but I think medium shades of blue would look nice
  • SpunkchinSpunkchin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a big fan of pinks with greens, plus pink is a pretty flattering color for most skin tones. But I think everything except the same shade of green would look good too.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks a bunch guys! I agree, I thought that it would be nice for him to stand out as the only one in green. Thanks for the awesome color sugestions. I'm thinking about going with either a vibrant purple or a nice subtle pink. I'll keep you updated on what works.

Also, sorry for not looking through the message boards before posting this. There seems to be a lot of threads on this topic.
  • forrma7forrma7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    does he not wear dress blues? didn't the army switch over to those, or can you still wear both
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Purple is another color that always looks good with green. When you see it, You'll know!! ;-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Most people prefer dress blues but the switch isn't mandatory until 2012 and he looooves his dress greens.

• edited December 2011
    We are doing a vintage garden theme with soft pinks,creams, and dark green accents...i guess it depends what theme you are going for.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards