Military Brides

Could i still have a military wedding?

Well my fiance is in the reserves, his basic and AIT is from Jan to may, but, our ultiment goal is from him to get into active duty soon after he is back. My question is, our wedding is June 21st, and i dont know if he will be in active duty by then, but, he is already concidered an E1 (he will be an E2 after basic and AIT) he has has military ID and all of that stuff, would we be able to have a military wedding with him being in the reserves....i know im bad at explaining, but im sure i got my point and question across XD
Join the daily ramblings of a house witch before her wedding!! http://paganbride.blogspot.com/

Re: Could i still have a military wedding?

• kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Reservists are service members, so yes. Does he want a military wedding?

ETA: I didn't realize he had not gone to Basic. Are you planning on having the wedding before he goes to Basic? If that's the case, it would be inappropriate to have a military wedding.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    Oh that will be wonderful, ill still have anthony talk to someone to see how to make it all happen =D

And he will be going to both his basic and AIT (they are in the same area) on Jan-may, our wedding will be June 21st
    Join the daily ramblings of a house witch before her wedding!! http://paganbride.blogspot.com/
  • Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Friendly advice...if your username is your real name, you should change it.  This is a public site and you never know what crazy creepers might be out there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_could-still-military-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:f2d555bd-a487-44cc-955b-b7b0a17ac58aPost:542b818d-a560-487d-b003-381e217d56ab">Re: Could i still have a military wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Friendly advice...if your username is your real name, you should change it.  This is a public site and you never know what crazy creepers might be out there.
    Posted by Sammy0709[/QUOTE]

Ditto this. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • BabyDoll0525BabyDoll0525 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm with the other girls on the whole name change. Trust me people can become crazy! Anyways I am also a Reserves fiancée so welcome to the board! If you have the wedding after basic and AIT then you can have a military wedding but, some people believe that you should only have a military wedding if you or your spouse has been over seas. It really doesn't matter but, I'd talk to him and see what he thinks and then go from there.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards