Military Brides
Options

What the what?!

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/mtv-couple-from-16mtv-couple-from-16-and-pregnant-arrested-face-1875029.html

Had heard about this before, but didn't realize that they were actually living on an AF base. How on earth does that happen on-base? Almost all housing I've seen on the two bases I've spent any time on had at least one adjoining wall (duplex or townhome) unless you were kind of a big-shot with your own premises. More of a WTF vent than anything, but does anyone have thoughts? I've been worried about moving onto a base because I've heard so much about the micro-managing of living quarters and upkeep, but now I see this...

CN: Couple from 16 & Pregnant. He enlisted in the Air Force and they moved onto base just after their child was born. The couple's home, which is on the Little Rock Air Force Base, "was filled with feces, flies and maggots."

Re: What the what?!

• Options
    BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yuuuuck that's nasty! It's one thing to live like that, it's another thing to let your child live in those conditions. Have they never heard of E. Coli?! And the drug stuff? I'm so glad they had their child taken away. My FI is Navy and we don't live on base, so I can't speak to living conditions on a base, but I had always heard that if you lived on base, that there are inspections. But apparantly not that often if it got this far...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know aboutliving on baes, but ew that is gross, how can people live like that?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    shayNnikshayNnik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes there are inspections, but usually just weekly yard/outside inspections. They don't actually go into your house to inspect. The only reason anyone would go inside is if you called in a maintenance request and they came in to fix something. At my last base, there was someone who lived sort of like this. The only reason they found out was because people complained about the couple(both active duty) smelling at work. Leadership went to their house to discuss it with them and as soon as the door opened they could smell it. You'd think people would hold themselves to a higher standard since that's what's drilled into our heads but not everyone gets it i guess. This is just gross.
    imageimage
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MUST HAVES: Clothes, Groom
    WISHES: Wedding planner(check!), Honeymoon, Blue Petyl Bouquet
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is disgusting.  I'm sure MTV & Dr. Drew will have an intervention or something with them though, or pay for their legal fees.. It's a testament to what is wrong with the youth in our society. The fact the 16 and pregnant, and Teen Mom and MTV glorify teen pregnancy, sure the commercials are all about domestic violence and safe sex, but clearly.. it's not working.  They're just making it seem cool to knocked up in high school.  I know that there are a few exceptions to the rule, and not everyone who gets knocked up in HS (or really even before 21) is a failure, but its "winners" like these that really make you think..  It makes me furious that he could disgrace his uniform like this.  This is what happens when children decide to "play house"

Whoa.. Ladies, stop me before I get on my soap box!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sami- Girl, I'll climb right up on that box with you. Everything that led up to this is just a cluster-eff. I didn't realize when I first heard about it that he was actually in the AF at the time this went down. It's disgraceful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My BFF is an AF wife, and she was shocked that the AF let this be published..
    Photobucket
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    This happened a few years ago on the same street as ours when I lived on base. It had a much worse outcome. I just don't understand how this can happen, let alone on a military base. http://www.lvrj.com/news/24171079.html
    I'm not good at feelings.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards