Military Brides
Options

Can we talk about Hunger Games?

So, as I said I would do, I started reading the book on Friday night, and finished it on Sunday at about 1:30. We went straight to the movie theater after that. I seriously love that book. I was really nervous that my H wouldn't get the story, so I was prepared to have a big discussion with him about it at the end, which we did, but he did seem to get most of it.

Any thoughts? I have some, but I will wait to see if anyone else wants to talk about this, seeing as this thread can turn into a spolier thread :)

Re: Can we talk about Hunger Games?

• Options
    AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    I can't wait for the movie. i loved the books, I really can't remember what happened in the 1st book as much as I can in the other books. So I really have the bite my tongue...for the people that haven't read the other books. I feel like I can't give my thoughts on that first book without talking about what happens in the other books... Haha.

from what I have heard the movie didn't leave out much of the book which makes me happy. I can't decide if I want to reread the book before I see it or just wait until I see the movie.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I can talk the book with you but haven't seen the movie yet. I want to wait for the crowds to get out so I'll go early Saturday or Sunday morning. Actually, probably Sunday morning because most people around here go to church.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Amanda, I've already read a spoiler for Catching Fire and MockingJay, so I have an idea of what's to come. I feel like those 2 books are going to be WAYYY more interesting than the first one, am I right?
  • Options
    Want to talk about how Kara and I are going to see it in Imax today at 2:40?  

I sooo can't wait!!  

The 2nd book was my least favorite, and the 3rd was probably my favorite, except for how quickly they wrapped everything up.  They are making it 4 movies though instead of 3 so I'm really hoping they put more detail in the end.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Can we talk about Hunger Games?:[QUOTE]Want to talk about how Kara and I are going to see it in Imax today at 2:40? nbsp;I sooo can't wait!! nbsp;The 2nd book was my least favorite, and the 3rd was probably my favorite, except for how quickly they wrapped everything up. nbsp;They are making it 4 movies though instead of 3 so I'm really hoping they put more detail in the end. Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]
    See I HATED the third but loved the second. Second was my favorite. Everything about the third annoyed me. I loved the movie though! Obviously there were some changes, but I can understand that and why.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_can-we-talk-about-hunger-games?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:f9221be2-fa6d-473b-bb9a-3909d801fa9ePost:3f22086d-c4c7-4b1b-ba67-8997dabb9d14">Re:Can we talk about Hunger Games?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Can we talk about Hunger Games?: See I HATED the third but loved the second. Second was my favorite. Everything about the third annoyed me. I loved the movie though! Obviously there were some changes, but I can understand that and why.
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]

<div>Actually, and I'm sure I sound like an idiot now, but I screwed up and actually agree with you.  I just had the books screwed up in my head I think.  I just did a quick review of the books again and yeah, it was the 3rd that was my least favorite.  I really need to re-read all of them again.  I just did the Hunger Games on Saturday again to be fresh, but I need to re-read the other 2 as well.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    2nd one was my favorite too! Cant say anything about the movie til later when Beach and I go!!!!!
  • Options
    Oh the 3rd one mostly annoyed me. I wanted to slap Katniss and Peeta needed to be in there a LOT more.
  • Options
    I am only about 80 pages into the second book right now and I was really curious how the author was going to keep the story going and I love it! I am seeing the movie on Saturday and I can't wait! I really want to ask millions of questions to those of you that have seen it but I know I will regret it if I know everything about the movie before I go see it!
    Photobucket
  • Options

I am kind of upset at some of the things that were left out of the movie... not too much, it really is true to the book. But there were times where I was like "what happened to this part?"

• Options
    I was watching GMA, and apparantly they added some scenes in the movie that weren't in the book. Example, Pres. Snow has added scenes. I guess the author was ok with the additions.

The first was my favorite book, and the 3rd was my least favorite. I also hated how quickly they wrapped it up. I was like "wait, what? Really? That's all that's going to happen?"

Can't wait to see the movie! I promised FI I'd wait for him to get back from this work-up, so I have a few more weeks. Though I'm terribly tempted...
  • Options
    Binx. You have an hour to get to the mall. Just saying. :p
  • Options
    Yes, Binx, there were some added story line, my guess is so that it leads up to the 2nd movie. There was one weird addition that I didn't get at all, though. Especially knowing something that relates the 2nd book. Ugh. Everyone go watch it now so that we can talk about the movie! LOL!
  • Options
    Haha Kara I would! But I promised him :-/
  • Options
    The first book was my favorite..by far... Then I liked the 2nd too... and the 3rd was my least favorite, but I did enjoy it...it wrapped up well... a little too fast, but... ehh... it's okay. I was really happy about it so it didn't bother me too much.

Kara I agree... I wanted to slap her and tell her to stop being such an annoying person...But I wanted to slap Peeta and Gale too...They all annoyed me to no end in the 3rd book.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I read them back in November (in three days, lol), and I did not want to read them again as a refresher, and I'm glad I didn't actually. Made the movie better, because what I remembered was what they showed, minus the avox story line.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_can-we-talk-about-hunger-games?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:f9221be2-fa6d-473b-bb9a-3909d801fa9ePost:3be28e2b-3afe-4dbf-8e8b-99160471f768">Re: Can we talk about Hunger Games?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I read them back in November (in three days, lol), and I did not want to read them again as a refresher, and I'm glad I didn't actually. Made the movie better, because what I remembered was what they showed, minus the avox story line.
    Posted by WishIcouldbeinthe'stan[/QUOTE]

This is why I have to read the 2nd and 3rd book NOW because yes, I was nit picking the whole movie, since I had JUST finished the book 2 hours before I saw the movie ha ha!

And I forgot about the Avox story line! LOL I caught everything else but that!
  • Options
    This could be a spoiler I guess, so skip if you want.

I just said it on TN too, but the only thing I wish they hadn't changed was Dstrict 11's response after Rue died.  When they sent her the bread in the book it showed the other districts starting to like her.  When they showed the rioting in the movie though it didn't portray that at all.  

And I like the stuff they added, especially the scenes of the game makers.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Can we talk about Hunger Games?:[QUOTE]This could be a spoiler I guess, so skip if you want.I just said it on TN too, but the only thing I wish they hadn't changed was Dstrict 11's response after Rue died. nbsp;When they sent her the bread in the book it showed the other districts starting to like her. nbsp;When they showed the rioting in the movie though it didn't portray that at all. nbsp;And I like the stuff they added, especially the scenes of the game makers. Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]
    YES! A million times yes. This was one thing that bothered me about the movie.
  • Options
    Umm... I didn't read the first book.  I tried but I couldn't get into it.  I did Love the movie though! and my neice was like "The cat was supposed to be Orange.  Like there aren't a million Orange tabby cats in the world? No! They just didn't want to be true to the story"  She's 14 though and pretty easily outraged by most things.  I've gone back and read the first book now, and finished it in like a day.  I'll probably read the rest just to say I've read them.  That and because I'm waiting for a friend to finish 1Q84 so I can borrow that next!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Oh thank god!  I looked right at Andrew in the theatre and said welp.. they f ed up the cat lets go...

He just laughed and we watched it all but I guess I only go see movie adaptions of my favorite books so that I can be mad.  Take Twilight for example.. crap.. (sorry to any TWI-hards) but I can honeslty say I liked the books before they were cool, had to wait months for the new ones to come out, have my friends want to borrow the whole set  and then watch crap acting in crap movies.  (again.. my apologies movie lovers)

I will say I was pretty impressed for the most part though.  I've seen alot worse and I'll definately be happy to go to the others when they come out. But PLEASE people read the books before you see it.  Or read them after I don't care but the awesomeness of the books should not be missed!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards