Military Brides

trying to decide where to have the wedding

hi I Hvae just recently got engage and i was wondering where i should have the wedding we are posted to alberta but everone is near nova scotia and ont. if i have the wedding in wainwright then not many people might show compare to nova scotia since it is closer to ont. but then again i dont know how you go about planing a wedding so far  away you have to really rely on the ones you love do any of you have some adivce on what to do

Re: trying to decide where to have the wedding

• edited December 2011
    You should decide what kind of a wedding you want first of all. Do you want a big family wedding where everyone can attend or would you prefer to have a smaller wedding? Location will be the best way for you to control the number of people coming. Once you've decided where it will be you'll need to first get a grip on the budget by doing research for what things cost and looking into your finances. Then you can decide on a date and find your venue for reception and ceremony. You will definitely need to enlist the help of those that love you and also do lots and lots of research. You shouldn't rely just on the vendors suggested by the wedding websites, there are tons of other folks out there many of which will be able to work with smaller budgets than the ones suggested by the knott.
    I personally made one trip to meet with the vendors that were most crucial to me. I suggest you do that if you can afford to because then you'll have more peace of mind about the most important aspects of your day.

It's very nice to meet you!
    imageGraphics In a world of crazy we need as many hugs as we can get.
  • anniegilpinanniegilpin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well you see we ahve decide on a buget on. we are only having 75 guest and we aren't even there yet. we know if we have it in alberta that it will be about 25 people instead of the 50 somthing we all ready have i am thinking about send out save the dates with and rsvp that way i get and estmaite guest list on who really want to come. i am find the internet not very useful but maybe i am not asking the right question on goggle or wording it right but thanks for the davice if you ahve anymore then i will take it for sure
  • anniegilpinanniegilpin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     i think i having finnaly made my decesion but it still up in the air. the easier thing is that it only me friends that are in the military all of our family will still be in the same plave for the next three years.but thank you for all your advice. I was thinking more for the save the date thing for them to respond if they want to come i know that they cant say yes i will be there but then can say if they are going to try and be there that all i was hoping for. but thank you for the advice anyway
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards