Military Brides

PIPing the crap out of you.;)

Okay.. I'm far too tired to write a review right now... but I will say the things that messed up during the wedding, and life moved on! :P
-My bouquet was a disaster. It was horrible. haha.. who cares, all you do is walk down an aisle with it for ten seconds.
-We bought three corsages for the moms/SIL and they were left in the fridge, never worn. :P
- The BMs forgot to flair out my train when I got up the aisle (oops!).
- We got to the end of our first look photo session and were about to start taking pics with the bridal party when it started POURING rain! It's okay. We got a couple cute umbrella pictures :o)
- I had the flu Friday-Saturday before the wedding and was throwing up anything I would try to put in my stomach.. yeah..that sucked. even water :( ... and at the nail salon while getting my nails done. Awesome. So I didn't get to eat anything or drink anything at the wedding... lame.
- I totally forgot to take my gown to the seamstress and have the bustle put in! My dress was so light though, and the train was short enough, that it didn't bug me at all. :)
Some pip!!

getting hair and makeup done :)

(don't worry, there's only like 8319582571 clasps :P )

My sister: Here! Hold the champagne and pretend you're enjoying it! :P  haha.. The hotel room we got ready in overlooked where H and I were to do the "first look" so I got to watch him drive up and get out o fhis car, walk to the spot and wait for me while I came down to see him :)

(I know a lot of you are against the garter deal.. it was silly fun though.. and we needed it for the chucking at his face  game :P )

The kissing game

Re: PIPing the crap out of you.;)

• edited December 2011
    Your pictures are great and you made a beautiful bride.  Funny, I made that same face when getting into my dress.  I think that is a universal bride face.  HAAA

Edit after reading more of the post.  I saw the pics and looked first.  You LOOKED awesome for having the flu!!! Go you and boo to not getting to eat/drink at the wedding.  I love your attitude...things happen but life moved on!  I was like that too!
  • edited December 2011
    Awww you looked great! Even with the flu! Congrats! Hey, quick question... what's the kissing game?
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great pictures and Congrats Mrs!
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You looked so pretty!! So glad you were able to have a great wedding dispite the flu! And I love the backdrop in the pictures, such a great setting for a wedding!!

I was going to ask the same thing about the kissing game. What is it?
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    haha so during the cutting of the cake, the dj had us do fun games to kinda fill that time.. So the kissing game is where I am blindfolded and 5 different people kiss me.. Then I have to pick which one was H. He goes next.. but when he goes it's mostly guys that kiss him :P hahaha..
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_piping-crap-out-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:fade51e9-58cb-4ad3-9887-9cfb855dd9a2Post:e4953ff2-b1e8-434f-b27f-068487a18547">Re: PIPing the crap out of you.;)</a>:
    [QUOTE]haha so during the cutting of the cake, the dj had us do fun games to kinda fill that time.. So the kissing game is where I am blindfolded and 5 different people kiss me.. Then I have to pick which one was H. He goes next.. but when he goes it's mostly guys that kiss him :P hahaha..
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

Shut up! I love this! :)
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations, you looked beautiful!  

Was your wedding in Mt. Vernon?  Those windows are awesome!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

It was a really fun and silly game! The guests kept telling us how fun it was and how fun the "shoe game" was. :)

beach- It was actually at the cruise/ferry terminal in Bellingham. We fell in love with the venue because of that giant dome of windows! :)

Thank you ladies.. We really had an amazing time, and all the little mishaps were not a big deal at all. I was more focused on time management that day than the little mistakes along the way. Plus, it's so true that no one ever notices those things that go wrong. :]

• edited December 2011
    You looked Beautiful!!!! Especially for having the flu! I'm sorry you were sick.. Congratulations Mrs.!!!

True Story.. We forgot music... one of the GM at the last minute downloaded "Canon in D" on his phone and played it.. Klassy.. 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    omg Sami!! That's crazy!!
    I will say that I was anti Dj in the beginning.. I didn't wanna spend the money.. but I am SO SOOOO thankful H put his foot down on that one because he kept the whole flow of the night moving, the announcements were always heard, he ws great at taking requests and feeling out the tone/mood. It was great. :)
    That was bold of you guys! So you walked down the asle to music from a phone? That makes a great story :)
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, we didn't do dancing at the reception, we had a slide show, and played "It's a Wonderful Life"  during dinner and stuff.  Later at the bar they played "A Christmas Story" and H, GM, BM, and some of the younger (drunker) guests and I all piled into this wall of booths and watched it together.. fun times.
    Photobucket
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You look beautiful, and your dress and the whites didn't clash at all! Your HUSBAND is so silly! :)
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  I'm sorry some things didn't go as planned, and extra sorry you were sick.  But now that whole 'in sickness and in health' thing can kick in and he can do some spoiling 

Laughing

Is he gone already?

Anniversary

• edited December 2011

haha aww Sami that is so so sweet! I love the idea of movies playing at a wedding! So creative :)

Thank you Stan!
    Calindi- things didn't go as planned but nothing was upsetting, We pretty much just laughed at everything that went wrong, which really wasn't a lot!  The flu sucks but oh well... I still danced my butt off :P
    His crew has been delayed a bit so he hasn't left yet :) yay! Even if it's just for an extra day (although I'm totally hoping for more than that :P ) I'll take it!

• divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gosh, you look fantastic, never mind the flu. Your venue was gorgeous. It's oddly reassuring to hear that even when things don't go as planned, everything works out in the end. Glad you're getting a  little extra time with your new H. :)
  • YoungDuoYoungDuo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

you look BEAUTIFUL in your pictures! So glad to hear things went well..even when things didn't go according to plan :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 204 made the cut image 122 are ready to party image 65 are being lame
    image 17 can't find the mailbox
    RSVP Date: October 20
  • edited December 2011
    Your wedding was gorgeous!! You look amazing!  Wouldn't even know you had the flu unless you said something!!  So glad it was a good day for despite it not going exactly as planned!!  CONGRATS!!! :)   OH and I was in Bellingham a few weeks ago! Loved it there :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful Bride!! Your pictures are lovely. Contratulations MRS.
  • ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    OMG YOU LOOK FLIPPIN BEAUTIFUL!

I could never look as good as you do with the flu. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself despite everything. Congrats!

Now start getting on pinterest! Tongue out
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey lady!

You look beautiful! What a wonderful wedding! I love your venue. Where is it?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You looked BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations Mrs.!
  • edited December 2011
    omg I thought I recognized that place. It is so pretty I went there when I was doing a job in Bellingham in the beginning of the year haha. You look great and I hope you are feeling better now. Congrats and I'm laughing about the games I'd love to know what else you played and what they were that kissing game sounds funny and that just seems like a fun idea for a reception as a time killer at odd moments like cake cutting or in place of money dance, garter toss etc.
  • edited December 2011
    ggirl- hahaha.. I'm on it I'm on it! But we still have family in town.. and now I have to play catch up with work. gah! Too much goodness at once! :P
    hike- thank you :) It was a ferry/cruise terminal in Bellingham, Washington (a cute hippie town/small city). It was pretty amazing with the view of the ocean and mountains. :)
    Thank you Binx!
    prettyirish- THe shoe game was the most popular! That's where we held one shoe of our own and one shoe of each other's and the dj would ask us a question while we're sitting back to back, such as, "who is the biggest flirt" and "who snores the loudest" and "who spends the most time in the mirror" (all three of those were H ;) ) Everyone dies when you pick each other, or when you pick the groom for something girly like the mirror. :P We also did the anniversary dance which all the older couples really loved. So all couples dance and then the dj starts kicking people off with "if you have been married for less than a day please leave the floor" "if you have been marrie dless than 5 years please leave the floor"... etc until one is standing. We gave my grandparents a nice bottle of wine from H's last trip to Roda, Spain.

Also a hit: Our guest wish tags instead of the guest book. We put them in the water glasses in the beginning of the event, and people could just fill them out as they please at their table, then hang them right there on the centerpieces. we got some silly, sweet, and raunchy ones. Loved it as a guest book alternative!

Also, just got a sneek peek from our photog.... :):)

(out of regs.. shame shame :P )

• edited December 2011
    You look beautiful! I'm sorry to hear you had the flu, but you couldn't tell one bit! Your venue was stunning as well. I love the idea of the anniversary dance, our reception told us about that and we were planning on doing it - i like that you already know who it is going to be, so you can find a nice little 'extra' gift for them. And it is really reassuring that even if things do go wrong, no one notices.
    Congratulations Mrs!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks amh! Yeah the anniversary dance was really sweet and I think the older couples liked a chance to get to dance to a classic song at a younger wedding :)
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful pics!  Sorry to hear about the flu.  Looks like you had a great day regardless.  Congratulations Smile
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you spiffy :) Your 8 months will FLY by like you have no idea where the year went. Just a heads up haha! I have to say I'm happy it's over though... I have a life outside of wedding planning again.. :)
  • KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are beautiful :] I love all the pictures
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    I missed this update - my computer at work doesn't show posts when they're updated, just in the order they were originally posted (yes, I know about that little box on the top right corner... for some reason, my work computer doesn't show that box.  It's super annoying.  So I miss when older threads are dragged back up!)

Anyway, thanks for reposting!  Gorgeous pics!  You guys are stunning, and I love your photographers.  Did you come up with most of the pose ideas or did they? 

Also, my FI would die if I ever suggested I put on his cover in public.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards