Military Brides
Options

Vow Renewal Question?

My husband and I just got married on August 4th 2012. The wedding was very much rushed and lots of pressure from our parents to do it before I left for deployment, which I'm not gone..We got to spend a three short weeks together as "newly weds". I hated 90% of my wedding day, and now i'm away from him for a year. Since we haven't really started our new life together and we wont be until i'm back next year would it be to soon to do a vow renewal ceremony? I feel like this is one of the hardest tests of our marriage that we can go through, being apart for a year. And it'd give me the chance to have the wedding of MY dreams. No attendants and no gifts though,just a chance to finally start our lives together. Would it be a dumb idea to do this when I return?

Re: Vow Renewal Question?

• Options
    In Response to Re:Vow Renewal Question?:[QUOTE]My husband and I just got married on August 4th 2012. The wedding was very much rushed and lots of pressure from our parents to do it before I left for deployment, which I'm not gone..We got to spend a three short weeks together as quot;newly wedsquot;. I hated 90 of my wedding day, and now i'm away from him for a year. Since we haven't really started our new life together and we wont be until i'm back next year would it be to soon to do a vow renewal ceremony? I feel like this is one of the hardest tests of our marriage that we can go through, being apart for a year. And it'd give me the chance to have the wedding of MY dreams. No attendants and no gifts though,just a chance to finally start our lives together. Would it be a dumb idea to do this when I return? Posted by karic89[/QUOTE]
    I don't think it will be dumb exactly but is it something you want to plan long distance? What exactly did you hate about it too? Do you just want to have a huge party with everyone? I know long distance planning can be done but it is a pain in the ass. Maybe wait until after you get back and see what you want to do? At least sit on it for a few months and decide if spending the money will be worth it. Focus on being married and getting through this year and then see how you feel. I feel that this is all to new and rushed for you right now to make a decision. Congrats on your marriage though!
  • Options
    I agree with GGirl... Not dumb, but maybe really hard and stressful on you. Think about it for a bit, but if you still really want this, then go for it!
  • Options
    Personally, I don't understand vow renewals when it is so soon after getting married. Aren't your vows still fresh a year later?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Why did you let your parents pressure you into getting married? That's ridiculous. As long as you don't lie to your guests you can do whatever you want but yes, a little more than a year is too short, in my opinion, to have a vow renewal. Personally I think vow renewals should only be done on milestone anniversaries but it's your time and money being put into planning a party so it's up to you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards