New Mexico

NWR-- need a roadtrip idea

Hello everybody! My DH and I are looking for roadtrip ideas- we have to be in Valentine, TX (near El Paso, kinda...) the weekend after Labor Day but we are off from the 7th -14th.... We were wanting to go somewhere in NM since we've been all over Texas-- Anyway-- we were thinking either Taos or Cloudcroft but I thought I'd post here to get some ideas!! TIA! (today is our 2nd anniversary so it's going to be a late anniversary roadtrip!!)

Re: NWR-- need a roadtrip idea

• jhall82507jhall82507 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you just want to e-mail me, my e-mail is jhall82507ATgmail.com
  • fayla79fayla79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um ... what kind of things do you like to do? I mean, becuase there are so many possibilities
  • ozarka020ozarka020 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're gonna head up north to Taos, stop in Santa Fe on your way and walk around the plaza.  There's tons of art and jewelry shops, and local vendors selling their stuff.  You could grab a sandwich or burrito at one of the restaurants and sit in the park and people watch.  There's little theaters for music and theatrical performances.  There's also unique stores and restaurants in Albuquerque's Nob Hill and Old Town if you stop there.  The Zoo and Botanical Gardens are fun too and the Isotopes' season may still be going on then.  If you are in ABQ you have to eat at Sadie's!  If you want to stay in southern NM near El Paso, I would recommend Carlsbad Caverns.............a really cool cave you can walk thru with tons of formations.  I think there's guided tours, or maybe you could walk around on your own.  I haven't been there in a while.  And White Sands is nearby too.  Like pp said, without really knowing your interests it's a little difficult since there's a bunch of options.  Hope some of these ideas help!  Have fun!   
  • jhall82507jhall82507 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess it would have helped if I had given our interests... sorry!We are bringing our motorcycle so we are hoping to find somewhere to go on a day ride, we do a lot outside. We are also trying to find a disk golf course.
  • sandy02sandy02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ruidoso!!  SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!  I grew up there and it is awesome and romantic!  As there is a bike rally there sometime in Sept or Oct I think, Aspen Fest. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards