New Mexico

cheap red brimaid dresses???

Hi fellow brides-to-be! I live in Albuquerque and I am having an awfully hard time trying to find red bridesmaid dresses. I need 8 of them and I want them all to be halter top. The only ones that I have found that I like the looks of are over $100! My parents have graciously offered to buy them and I don't want them to spend a fortune. Any ideas? Thanks a bunch

Re: cheap red brimaid dresses???

• edited December 2011
    That's so kind of your parents! I totally get not wanting to spend too much for that reason. My bridesmaids purchased their own dresses. It was a great help since they each came out of pocket individually. I think when someone is asked to be a bridesmaid it's usually expected you would buy your own. Have you spoken to them about it??? Back to pricing, there's a shop on 4th street in Albuquerque called I do I do. I think they actually rent them or have previously worn ones. HTH!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    have you tried all the after homecoming sales at the mall?
  • tengma07tengma07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's so awesome of your parents! Just FYI, traditionally maids do pay for their own dresses, but no matter who pays it's considerate to keep costs down. All that to say that if you can't find what you want under $100 one option is to divy up the cost between your parents and BMs (like parents pay $80 and BMs pay $40) for example. I'd be blown away if you have to find a dress more expensive than that.My girl's are getting their dresses at Alfred Angelo. I thought they were an expensive store (which they certainly are for bridal dresses), but I found my girls' dresses there for ccheaper than David's. They almost always have a decent sale or coupon out; their dresses will be about $80 each, and their stuff is gorgeous.Also as a heads up, be sure to think about accessories (shoes, purses/jewelry, shawls) if you need any of that. Do you want the cost to be included in that $100? FYI (i hopes it helps) my girls are getting their shoes at Target.com for $14 ea, free shipping cause they will be purchased at the same time. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    I would also try looking at the mall after the homecoming season. Dillard's usually has some deals on dresses. However, some of the dresses I looked at recent are really bedazzled with sequins and jewels. I also have read in other blogs and such that brides have found cute dresses at Forever 21. It just depends on the style you want your girls to wear. If you want something from Alfred Angelo or David's I would suggest that your parent's pay a percentage and the girls pay the rest.Good Luck!
    My Bio
    omg! we're days away!
    Photobucket
  • sweet_pea85sweet_pea85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Expressions at Coronado Mall.  They have a lot of formal wear and the prices are reasonable. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards