New Mexico
Options

Table covers

Hello everyone :)   I am plannning a large wedding for January 16, 2010. We're doing it in our home town of Belen, NM. Our budget is extremely tight and we are having a lot of attendants... 400 to be exact. The reception is being held at the National Guard Amory in belen- its basically a gym reception. I've gotten over this fact because we're covering the walls and using a romantic winter theme so it's going to be fairly dark in the room. My main concern right now is our table linens. Currenty to rent linens will cost me 500 dollars just for a white table cloth. To cut down on costs we are planning to use white plastic table covers underneath a 20"x 20" red cloth with a cander centerpiece. I need everyone to be honest, does this sound tacky or am I stressing over nothing? To do the plastic my entire table decorations cost will only be 500 vs just 500 for only the table cloths.

Re: Table covers

• Options
    melishka716melishka716 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ::snorts:: You really are over thinking this. Nobody will even notice. At my wedding, we had white linens with royal blue over lays, except the royal blue looked almost navy blue. Nobody has mentioned that fact, and no, I didn't care, although I did ask just to make sure my caterer didn't give me the wrong color. Don't stress. You're making this harder than what it should be. BTW, I think your idea is a great budget effective way to save money. Stick to it.
  • Options
    ametoyerametoyer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for responding so quickly. I've been really stressing about it:) You made me feel better!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think your guest will notice either. If they do, I would hope they are understanding about budgets and costs considering you have 400 guest. As long as its done tastefully, I don't think it should be a big concern. The manager of the venue I'm having my wedding at told me this concerning centerpieces and tablecloths...Your guests are there to enjoy the celebration of your wedding. They will remember how much fun they had. If they are concerned about the settings and how the table looks, they don't deserve to celebrate with you.Good Luck!
    My Bio
    omg! we're days away!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    melishka716melishka716 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're very welcome. Let us know how it turns out, when the time comes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there! Sorry for not saying anything sooner... I'm having a wedding in Las Cruces for about 300 people and the lady who owns my reception site gets her rented linens from American Linen for about $4 for a large round table cloth and $0.36 a napkin. I'm sure they have other sizes if you need them. What I'm doing is renting the white linens and using a colored napkin under my center piece for extra color. They were so much cheaper than what my decorator wanted to charge me! Hope this helps! :) Good luck and Congratulations!Margie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards