New Mexico

10 K Budget wedding Ideas!!

HELP! My parents are giving me a 10K budget for EVERYTHING!!  I am having so much trouble finding a reception venue for around 130 ppl that wont blow my budget, any grand Ideas floating around out there?? I am looking for something that is under 35 dollars a head, if thats possible....  Thanks for your help knotties!!

Re: 10 K Budget wedding Ideas!!

• jesunm2008jesunm2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH, BTW, I am in Albuquerque :)
  • edited December 2011
    a few places you might try:National Hispanic Cultural CenterIndian Pueblo Cultural CenterAlbuquerque MuseumBalloon MuseumEl ZocaloEvent PalaceSunrise Bank Building (they rent out their roof area)
  • tvroybaltvroybal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I remember Prairie Star being under or near that budget amount...and it's a beautiful outdoor venue.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your replies! Those are some places I have yet to check! Thanks again! :)
  • edited December 2011
    4 hills country club is amazing! $25 a head and $2 setup fee. if you get a place and need a caterer zios italian is like $9 per person
  • edited December 2011
    If you have any military connections, the Mountain View Club on base is only $17.75/head for a great meal (prime rib, shrimp, veggies, salad, tortellini). The space is nice and you don't have to pay extra for security or liquor license. We have about 125 people coming and I think with appetizers and the champagne toast, the cost came out to around $2600. You might also want to try the UNM SUB ballrooms. They have pretty reasonable rates and from what I saw on the Internet the rooms are spacious and attractive. Good luck!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! Wow 11 days Mam! Best wishes!
  • edited December 2011
    I wish I would have been looking at these posts before I booked my location! Those are some great prices!GL girls!
  • edited December 2011
    My sister-in-law used Prairie Star years ago, and it was AMAZING and totally affordable!I'm in Arizona, but you may also want to consider vendors from other states/areas for your other services - the economy is making companies really compete price-wise - and my friends are telling me you can actually end up paying an out of state vendor less, even WITH the travel/mileage fees...that's why I'm checking my surrounding states!Flowers:  Butterfly Petals (switched from another one)Photography & Videography:  Tiramisu StudiosDJ:  All Star EntertainmentVenue:  (is in Arizona, so that won't help you)GOOD LUCK...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards