New Mexico

Food Pricing for Vendors

Hey all,So quick question....Is the venue for your reception providing food for your vendors or do you have to pay for a plate for them? The venue I have is saying it's full price for the plate if I want to include vendors. I've heard other venues either just go ahead and feed them or offer discounted rates. Where is your reception and how are they charging you? If you plan on including them for dinner that is.TIA!

Re: Food Pricing for Vendors

• edited December 2011
    Never heard of that but I would like to know too! I'm going to ask the hotel I'm doing it at
  • edited December 2011
    My venue has a policy that vendors are not allowed to eat at the reception. The manager explained to me that the vendors are at work and should have taken care of their personal needs prior to going to work. It does make sense.
    My Bio
    omg! we're days away!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    ***spamstar9*** I'm not sure why that makes sense? My photog will be with me from 2pm - 9pm. It would be ridiculous for me to not expect her to eat this entire time while she's with us. The least I can do is feed her. My DOC will be with me from morning till night. Same goes for her. When exactly are they supposed to take care of their needs? The only one I'm not so concerned with is the DJ. He wont be playing until 6pm. So I can guess he'll eat before he starts.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry! I meant spamstar3. Sorry!
  • edited December 2011
    In the contract with my photographer, its actually required. Well he doesnt state it as being required, but he kinda impliments that I should. Its true he will be with me all day! The guy has to eat! And I dont want him to leave and miss out on pictures! The DJ, on the other hand can eat before he comes.  
  • edited December 2011
    At this particular venue the ceremonies and reception typically don't last more than 5 hours. That's just the policy there.
    My Bio
    omg! we're days away!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I have never heard of comping meals for vendors and am not sure what the venue's incentive would be to do so.  I would think it reasonable that the venue would treat the vendor as any other guest and the cost to the facility is the same regardless of the person's role in your wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Well perhaps you are right in that it sounds like (from doing a little google research out of curiousity) a lot of venues will offer a discounted boxed meal for vendors which is usually a sandwich or something simple.  Maybe you could negotiate with your venue to do a much reduced meal like a burger or something that costs less from them to produce.
  • mariposa2244mariposa2244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DOC told me the same as what you all have mentioned.  That it is customary to supply a meal for any vendor who will be working for several hours because they will probably not have the opportunity to eat.  If they are happy and fed they will probably do a better job and maybe even stay a bit longer. Most of the time the DJ probably won't be there as long as say the photographer or wedding day coordinator so will not require one.  But offering a slice of cake to them may be a nice gesture.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards