New Mexico

looking for a good caterer in Abq?

I am looking in the Albuquerque area for a good caterer?  I've been to some restaurants, but so far they haven't been what I am looking for.  Has anyone had a good experence with any of the caterers' in Abq?
Thanks

Re: looking for a good caterer in Abq?

• edited December 2011
    I'm working with Dawn Sanchez in Abq, we just had our tasting yesterday.  Her food is amazing & very reasonably priced.
  • edited December 2011
    I worked with Slate Street Cafe which was amazing amazing amazing.  Highly recommended.
  • staceyroselfstaceyroself member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Be sure to go with one with a good reputation!  I found a new one and the guy was working so well with me and the food (at the tasting) was delicious!  But because it was new, nothing on the business side was professional or set up.  Basically one thing was said and when I asked for it to be in the contract I was told it was not correct information or that they did not want to add it.  6 weeks before my wedding we are now going with our back up which even though the food is not as good, the business side is excellent and we feel confident it will go well.  Save yourself the aggrivation and go with a well known one!
  • edited December 2011
    We used the cooperage and everyone RAVED about the food!  Jim is wonderful to work with, his staff is knowledgable and very nice!  Good price for what we got! We spent $29.50 pp and here was out menu (we also paid tax and 18% service)
    - passed apps: stuffed mushroom caps, meatballs, caprese skewers
    - salsa, guacamole & queso with tri-colored chips station
    Buffet:
    green chile chicken enchiladas
    red chile cheese enchiladas
    black bean and corn salad
    aranca salad (orange spinch salad from scarpas)
    roasted red potatoes
    pinto beans
    flank steak carving station with mushroom glace or hot red chile
    bread and butter
    iced tea
    water
    cake cutting service with coffee
  • clujan50clujan50 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Scarpas.... Jim who also owns the Cooperage owns scarpas as well and the itailian food we are getting is sooooo good cant wait till everyone gets to taste the food. Joe, Cece and Jim all all very very nice and seem like they really want to take care of you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards