New Mexico

venues in santa fe?

I am planning a wedding in Santa Fe for approx 150 guests. Ideally, I would like somewhere relatively close to downtown (i.e., under 10 miles), so that guests can stay in hotels downtown (I would provide shuttles if the venue was not walking distance). I would also love to have the ceremony outside, and an indoor/outdoor reception.. for example, a covered portal, or an indoor reception room with a connecting outdoor terrace. I have been looking into several of the hotels and resorts in the area, but would love other ideas as well. Thanks!

Re: venues in santa fe?

• edited December 2011
    museum hill
  • trammellmtrammellm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at La Posada. They have a lawn in front of the ballroom where you can have a tent set up if you'd like.
  • kbramlittkbramlitt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    La Fonda
    La Terraza room. The reception space is indoor but two sides of it have wall to wall french doors that open up onto a large open air terrace.   Sounds just like what you are looking for. Just days now until my reception is there!
  • edited December 2011

We're also having my reception at La Fonda. Samie's wonderful and the space is REALLY gorgeous!  We're getting married in September when all the flowers will be in bloom... Not sure when you're going to get married, but it's well worth a look.

This is what the website says:
    http://www.lafondasantafe.com/terrace/terrazaRoom.html

La Terraza is a unique and luxurious banquet room and the hands-down favorite of all of our brides. This lovely room has striking copper and tin chandeliers, a hand-sculpted kiva fireplace and dramatic stained glass skylights. French doors fold open onto the lush La Terraza Garden Patio, with gorgeous views of the iconic St. Francis Cathedral Basilica and the Sangre de Cristo Mountains.

• Moonbeam81Moonbeam81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are in the same situation! I have checked resorts in Santa Fe and been doing my homework but we are still undecided, and will plan a trip to check out potential venues. I do have to say though that Bishops Lodge only has a 3 star rating on most travel sites, which makes me wary. However La Posada de Santa Fe looks promising, has at least 4 star reviews, and when I contacted them, they responded in less than 12 hours and made a custom slideshow for us!Laughing

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards