New Mexico
Options

Albuquerque cake bakers, who's your favorite?

Starting to research various cake bakers in and around town.
Does anyone have a favorite and why?
Did you deicde to have a big, little, or somewhere in the middle cake?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

April 2013 March Siggy - Bridesmaid Dress

Re: Albuquerque cake bakers, who's your favorite?

• Options
    I have had cake from Cake Odyssey in ABQ and it was really tasty.  My friend had a cake from them for her wedding and it was really pretty and yummy!   I am going with cupcakes for my wedding, but would go with them if I was getting a cake!
  • Options
    I choose simply sweet by darci! shes amazing and resaonable. http://simplysweetbydarci.com/index.html
    JUNE SIGGY- =)Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My sister-in-law! Check out her online portfolio. http://www.flickr.com/photos/abriand Email her for pricing and info. Pastryprincess07@gmail.com
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions, we'll check them out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

April 2013 March Siggy - Bridesmaid Dress

• Options
    edited November 2012
    I am having a hard time with a cake baker as well.

We are most likely going with Say it With Cake, because we had an amazing consultation.  She had delicious cake, and amazing fillings.  She (Birdie) treated us like royalty, talked us through our design and even drew out our design so she knew exactly what we wanted.  Her customer service blew us through the roof!

A Cake Odyssey had better cake than Say it With Cake.  Our consultation with them felt like a joke.  They had us just look at pictures upon pictures of cakes that they had done, most of which had timestamps from the 1990s! The owner's husband gave us our consultation and the time he spent with us, he mostly went over pricing, and kept touching his eyes which were puffy and leaky (killed my cake tasting appetite).  When we asked him to draw out our cake design, he told us that his wife would be able to make us anything we wanted.  I was not happy about this, because if I am paying close to $600 for a cake, I want to know what it will look like.  After our consultation we spent weeks trying to get them to send us a sketch of the cake we wanted, only to be disappointed with a scanned photograph of one of their 90s cakes.  The cake was fondant and covered in flowers, neither of which we said we wanted in our consultation.  Needless to say, we won't be choosing a baker who could care less about their customer service and more about getting a deposit.

Recently a friend told us about Darci, and she gave us the cheapest quote out of all the bakers we have talked about.  We need to have a consultation with her to decide if we would rather choose her or Say it With Cake. Unfortunately it will have to be a phone consultation since we are planning the wedding out of state and we have only two months to go :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards