New Mexico
Options

PHOTOGRPAHY

any one know of a wedding photographer under 500 ??? been looking everywhere and they are over 1600. and i do not care for th posey posey kind of pictures!!

Re: PHOTOGRPAHY

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think Natural Touch may have a package for that price. If not, I would look for some amatuer photographer that takes nice pictures but has no to little wedding experience. For example, my fh takes amazing photos but has never booked a wedding so he would charge maybe $200 and would share the copy right so you can print all your own pics or he can print them for whatever the cost would be.  Something like that :)
  • Options
    jholmbergjholmberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jody Cooper did our photos and they are great, as was Jody.  Her package isn't under $500 but isn't that a lot  more, especially compared to the $1600 packages you mention (and I found when looking as well).    Her e-mail is jodycooperphotography@yahoo.com and you can check out her work at www.jodysportraitdesign.com. She was great to work with and made me look beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you so much im still on the hunt!!!! BRIDE ON A BUDGET,
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would beware, though, especially if you don't want posed pictures. The ones who do great photojournalist work are talented artists who don't just capture moments, they create them. That's why they're so expensive.

If you do go cheap on the photography, make sure you look at portfolios. Even if the photographer doesn't have any weddings under his/her belt, look at the lighting, placement, etc. that their work shows. Ask them WHY they took that picture in particular vs another shot or angle. Make sure they can answer this.... just "knowing" that it would be a great shot at the moment is great, but he/she will have to CREATE beautiful, natural-looking pictures at a wedding. There will not be many moments that are "just right" where he will happen to be there. Does that make sense??

Anyway, good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yes thank you that does make perfect sense!!! thankn you im trying to get the fiance to understand this as he thinks its just ridiculous to even hire a photogrpher lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out this photographer (<----- link).  Her prices start a little higher than you're looking, but not that much more.  Her work is really good too.
    Damn you Nest for screwing up my siggy!

.: Diary of a Recovering Runner :.

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't help you with wedding day photography, but I am a professional photographer and I will be in Santa Fe on October 19-24. Whenever I travel to a new city I like to shoot a free session for a couple to get some great images for my portfolio from around the world. You can see my work at 5pointsphotography.com. I haven't booked a session yet, so if you're interested let me know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Post your request on Craigslist. I know of a couple who got three photography students to do their wedding this way. It was free, the couple got their photos, and the students got to expand their portfolio.

However, if I may recommend a photographer, I'd also go with Natural Touch Photography. I'm still overwhelmed by the great job they did at my wedding. They do a free-no-strings-attached engagement session so you can check out their work. Their cost is higher than what you've budgeted for pictures, but see if you and FI like their work and move from there.

I can see how it is easy not to put too much value onto the wedding pictures, but the way I see it, at the end of it all, photos do tell the story. The wedding day goes by too fast, you'll see!! 

Best wishes,  

Smile

-T
    "My husband says I feed him like he's a god: every meal is a burnt offering." ~Rhonda Hansome
  • Options
    cascha4cascha4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BK Photography does an awesome job.... Contact me if you'd like to see pricing and photos and such... i can come back and post some as well... i'm on my phone so i don't have all that info with me :-S
    Future Mrs. Anderson
  • Options
    cascha4cascha4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok so here is BK photography email: kentchilds@gmail.com, Ask them any questions you have and hopefully they will suit your needs :-D 

Future Mrs. Anderson
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guessing if you have nmsu in your name, you are in the Las Cruces Area? If so, I used Ayer Eternal Photography. The photographer is based in El Paso, TX; however, my wedding was in Sunland Park, NM. He was wonderful! His base wedding package starts at $600.

http://www.ayereternal.com/

Hope this helps.

My Bio
    omg! we're days away!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    zoeandersonzoeanderson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Jamie at www.jamieseye.com

She is a professional, but really affordable!  And great to work with!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    yay we actually just found out we won our wedding and engagment photography !!!! im so excited!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards