New Mexico
Options

Official wedding vendor review

Dress- David's Bridal, B+
I had a really good consultant, but a lot of the dresses I liked in the catalog were not in stock at the store or they had very limited sizes. She ended up picking out the dress I wore on my wedding day.

Alterations- Final Stitch, B
I like this place because they don't outsource their alterations and a lot of places do. They did a nice job on the dress and it had a lot of bead work, I ended up paying $369 for a hem, the sides taken in, and a brussel put on.

Wedding cake- ABC Cake Shop, C+
I liked the decor of the cake, but the filling just tasted pretty average, sort of like a cake from Smiths or Albertsons. The owner was a little strange, but the rest of the employees were very nice. Payed around $340 for 140 servings.

Wedding Ceremony- Old Town Chapel at Hotel Albuquerque, A
I am going to say this right away, the rental fee for 2 hours here is $1,500 plus tax and hotel tax, but it is worth it. They supply you with a dressing room, sound system, appetizers and the staff is very prompt and responsive to any concerns you may have. We ended up needing the chapel for a little longer than 2 hours and they were able to do that for us with no additional charge. The chapel is also beautiful and our guests could not compliment it enough. They loved it.

Wedding reception site- Salon Ortega at the National Hispanic Cultural Center, B
The ballroom here is very nice and the capacity is 120 sitting and 140 standing with a dance floor. The catering and liquor must be done through the restaurant on site and the lady who does it is AWESOME. The woman who does the rental coordinating is very difficult to deal with and hard to reach, only negative.

Flowers- Melba's Flowers, A+
Melba is a sweetie and our flowers were beautiful, lots of compliments.

DJ- Howlin' Coyote, C
We payed around $1,500 for uplighting and 5 hours of music. The couple is very nice, they run everything, but they were not the best MC's and they charge a higher rate than a lot of other Dj's.

Photography- Terry from Blue Rose, A+
He does awesome photos and is very good with the wedding guests.

Re: Official wedding vendor review

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the review!!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have some recommendations for the C Vendors. For Cakes, Cake Odyssey (formerly Unique Cakes by Karyn) and for DJ's, Complete Music.
    I have worked with them both and they are great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks! Wish I would have known before hand. We got married around a month ago, so I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on the ABQ vendors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards