New Mexico
Options

Outdoor Venues near Santa Fe?

Hi Ladies,
My FI and I are looking for a unique venue for 120-150 people near Santa Fe that can either have part or the whole reception outdoors. We're looking at a Saturday in June or September. We are considering Hyde Park, but are turned off by the fact that the music has to stop by 10 and no glass is allowed. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

Re: Outdoor Venues near Santa Fe?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Museum Hill has a nice mix of indoor and outdoor spaces. My FH & his family vetoed having our wedding outside of Albuquerque, but it was high on my list before that.

http://www.internationalfolkart.org/visitors/rental.html

There's a link to a PDF with info for all the museums toward the bottom of the page.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The La Fonda hotel has a beautiful roof top venue! I think it is kind of pricy but I guess anywhere in the Santa Fe area is.

Check in out!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out the area's B&Bs?  La Posada Inn, Bishop's Lodge, and many other hotels have outdoor and indoor spaces that are very lovely. 

I'd check out the Audubon Center, Sky or Ghost Ranch, the Museums (O'Keeffe or Folk Art), or one of the ski lodges for something a bit more unusual. I've heard Angel Fire will take you and your guests to the top of the mountain in a ski lift for the ceremony, which would be definitely memorable!
    Two Drifters Off To See The World...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!
    We are having our wedding at Hyde park and you do have to end at 10, but if you start in the afternoon or earlier there is plenty of time to have a good party. I asked the rangers about the glass and they said that they have an understanding that it nobody wants to serve their guests on plastic or not get to have wine. They said you can use glass and ceramic serving ware and that the alcohol servers can use glass bottles. The rule is there to avoid irresponsible folks leaving whiskey bottles and junk when they party.
  • Options
    jandamathewsjandamathews member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hyde park all the way! It's $500 for the whole day and you have the indoor/outdoor option and it's gorgeous!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards