New Mexico

Native American Wedding Officiant

I am getting married in Santa Fe in October.  Although we are not Native American, we appreciate the culture and would like an officiant who could help us incorporate some of thier traditions into our ceremony.  Any suggestions?

Re: Native American Wedding Officiant

• edited December 2011
    I am looking for something similar. I found this non-denominational minister online who incorporates Native American traditions into weddings. I haven't called her yet (wedding like a year away and we haven't set a date yet) but I have her page bookmarked: http://www.spiritualweddings.com/

Let me know if you get in touch with her or any other officiant- I'd be interested in the details. :-)
  • As a "true" Native American Officiant, I would just like to warn you of others out there that say they offer "Native American style" weddings.  What most of these offer are basically "new-age" interpretations.  Ask questions first if you are getting someone who is truly native american.  When you hear words like "Shaman" or that they "studied" under a "Holy Man" or "Medicine Man", run the other way because all you are going to get is a fake. 
    I have seen these so-called "Native American STYLE" wedding sites and honestly it kind of makes me sick to see what they are doing to my culture.
    Good Luck!
    Jeanine Standing Bear
    Weddings By Standing Bear

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards