New Mexico

NM VENDORS REVIEW

I got married a few days ago (May 8, 2010) in Santa Fe, NM, but I got ready in Albuquerque, my hometown. We wanted to support our local small businesses for our wedding, and it worked out the best for us. Luckily, ALL our vendors delivered as promised; they were simply incredible. I couldn't wait to share them with you (click on their name for their webpage):

GOWN AND ALTERATIONS (A++): Final Stitch- I thought the heavily embroidered material would make it impossible for the tailor to create a dress for me. I'm so glad I was wrong! Masood (owner and head tailor) made a gown for me worthy of a princess. I was taken aback by the final product. THey definitely exceeded any expectations!!

CATERER (A++): Phat and Fresh Catering- The Chef and his staff were so easy to work with, they customized a menu according to our needs and budget, and they assisted the wedding coordinator in anything they could. They went above and beyond helping us with the set-up and clean-up. Above everything else, though, their food was exquisite. Even the pickiest of guests complemented their meal. :)

PHOTOGRAPHY (A++) Natural Touch Photography - When this studio says they work with brides in mind, they are telling you the truth. I don't consider myself photogenic, but the shots NTP got of me seem like taken for a magazine! We had Guillermo as our photographer because my sister had such a great experience with him, but I have also seen the work of two other photographers in the studio and they were magnificent as well. Their style will change to reflect your own wedding style. Whether you want an elegant/traditional  approach (like my sister’s) or a crazy/whimsical take (like mine) NTP is up for it.

CAKE (A+): Lulu’s Cakes -  The artist who created our cake is in the trade because it’s her calling. Nothing makes me happier than seeing someone doing what they love, because it shows in their work!

CAKE TOPPER (A): Action Figure Factory – I wanted a cake topper that would make my hubby smile. ‘nough said, this artist did such a great job!

MAKE-UP (A++): Make Up by Victoria—Not only did Victoria come on site, she also made me feel so comfortable during the whole process. Her gentle nature only makes the session go by fast and you end up looking  SO beautiful!

HAIR (A++): Victoria Maldonado—All I can say is, WOW. Here’s another Victoria whose work left me in amaze. She comes to you for your big day. Her e-mail address is vdmaldonado@aol.com

WEDDING CEREMONY AND RECEPTION (A++): J.W. Eaves Movie Ranch—OK, I feel I must throw in a word of caution here: this place is fantastic, and it matched perfectly our energy and the environment we wanted to create for the wedding. However, because of its rustic nature and feel, it is not suited for the couple seeking a traditional and elegant affair. With that said, though, for US this place was magical and filled with joy. They provide the movie set as is, so it does take a lot of extra work. Nonetheless, in our case it was more than worth it!

PARTY RENTALS (A+++): Garcia's Tents (Albuquerque) and Action Event Rentals (Las Cruces) –I don’t lie when I tell you gals that I visited EVERY place in Albuquerque and Santa Fe that rents equipment/accessories for our wedding. We got our chairs from Garcia’s Tents. Their prices are in all seriousness the best ones in northern NM. The rest of our rentals (Karaoke machine, CDs, projector, lights, tables, etc) we got from Action Rentals in Las Cruces, NM. Their prices are ridiculously low and they mean it when they say they’ll beat any competitor’s prices. The only problem with Action Rentals is that you need to visit them personally to get a list of their whole inventory because they are yet to post it online. If you do have someone in Las Cruces that can transport stuff for you, be sure to check them out.

PORTABLE TOILETS (A+): AAA Pumping Service–If you have an event outdoors like we did, do rent their presidential trailer restroom. Our guests were flabbergasted when they saw the bathrooms!

WEDDING DAY COORDINATOR (A+): Fortun Events –Our DOC flew from Los Angeles to be with us on our wedding day. Her price was reasonable, and she ensured that we get everything we needed for the wedding. The director of the company was the one in charge of our event. She is a type A personality, rather direct and strong. If you knew my family you’d understand why this is the only type of person that could get things done with us. Fortun Events makes sure to assign you with one of their wedding coordinators who will best match up your needs. Like I said, they get things done, but let YOU always have the last word.

WEDDING FAVORS (A++): Caricatures America –As you may have guessed by now, our wedding was one huge celebration! As favors we decided to hire a caricature artist. Bill Crowley came all the way from Colorado Springs and his funny nature along with his kind spirit made him the sensation of the cocktail hour and reception.

MUSIC/COCKTAIL HOUR (A+): Los Amigos de NM –Classical guitar and Latin American music. They added romance and such serenity to the ambiance that no one present could afford being in a bad mood.

MEN’S ATTIRE (A+): Mr. Tux –If you want personalized service, this is the place to go. We tried the big chain place, and their customer service sucked big time. Mr. Tux, on the other hand, took the time and effort to meet our needs. They also carry their own inventory, so it was easy to get things fixed on the spot if a suit did not fit well. Go here for your tuxedoes!!!

These vendors earned our business with their dedication and commitment to excellence. Besides, it is good Karma to support our local businesses, y'all!!!

Hopefully this will help,

Tania

"My husband says I feed him like he's a god: every meal is a burnt offering." ~Rhonda Hansome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards