New Mexico
Options

seamstress

I'm thinking about having my wedding dress made.  Does anyone know of a really great seamstress or have any info about how I should go about finding someone?
Thank you for the help!

Re: seamstress

• Options
    edited December 2011

I don't know a good seamstress but I did have a pretty horrible experience with the woman who attempted to make a wedding dress for me here in Albuquerque. My advice is to not hire anyone working at the JoAnn's Fabrics. Also maybe have your seamstress make a simple dress for you to see what her skill level is before you hire her for the actual wedding gown. My lady showed me pictures of things she said she had made but what I got from her was unacceptable. Just be really careful and set an extremely early deadline for the work to be done. Good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't attest to her dress making skills but I go to Kim's ALterations in the Moutnain Run Shopping Center for all my dress needs
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Try Final Stitch, on 7200 Montgomery (in Albuqeurque). Masood (the owner and head tailor) is custom making my dress. He is INCREDIBLE. I didn't think his prices were outrageous either. It's obvious he is committed to excellence.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM!!!

"My husband says I feed him like he's a god: every meal is a burnt offering." ~Rhonda Hansome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards