New Mexico

I Need Caterer Suggestions

We are leaning towards Tucano's but I'd love to hear opinions and some alternative suggestions.  We are having a large backyard reception with some table seating but mostly a mingle/lounge type feel.  There is a large bar area for the caterer to set up, which is why we think Tucano's would be fun, becasue the guest can just go to the bar and pig out as they please.  But maybe I'm just nuts for thinking that.  We need somthing under $20pp but I don't want just a whole bunch of canapes and ordurves.  HELP!

Re: I Need Caterer Suggestions

• edited December 2011
    We're also looking into Tucanos, but our venue requires that we hire bartenders through The Cooperage. We love Scarpa's (owned by the Cooperage) salads and pasta, so we're looking into a pasta and salad buffet from them as well. Those are usually cheaper than meat entrees.Our main thing is that we have a variety of dietary needs to consider (vegetarians, wheat/gluten sensitivities, nut allergies), so we need to have a decent amount of options without spending too much money.

BBQ is also a tasty and affordable option if you prefer something more casual. I've seen BBQ menus from several caterers/restaurants and they're usually $10-$15 a person.

• jandamathewsjandamathews member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I really wanted BBQ, but Rudy's does not set up, we'd have to rent schaffing dishes etc.  I really wanted JR's but they refuse to acknowledge my existance.  We'd get a small-time operation with a smoker etc. but our venue woun't accomodate that.  Have you found a BBQ caterer that will set up and serve?
  • jandamathewsjandamathews member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OOH, actually I see Rudy's now sets up for a whole hour..ooooo :P
  • edited December 2011
    Kara and Lee Riley are AMAZING!! Lee catered my whole wedding of 125 people for only 400.00! He set up, took everything down, even took out the trash! And his food is sooo good!!! Here is their number :)(505)417-7934  Good luck!! Kara also makes deliscious wedding cakes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards