New Mexico
Options

January Tent Wedding

Getting married mid January and would like to possibly utilize home and outdoor space --- a tent.  Anyone done this or know of anyone that has?  Heaters would be used of course, but any thoughts on how warm /cold it would be?  It's also an evening wedding.  Thanks!

Re: January Tent Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Look into Tamaya.  Mid January if pretty cold in mid-northern NM so you would need to think of how many heaters you need and look into the cost of them.  Call around at outdoor venues and ask them about it, like the botanical gardens and los poblanos.
  • Options
    Hello,
    I had my sister's wedding at my house 2 days after Christmas 3 years ago and used a tent for about 6 tables outside (the rest were inside, these were just overflow tables).  The efforts by the tent company were very very appreciated, however, the heaters were just not enough to beat the cold.  I am sure that with enough heaters, this could be accomplished, however, I am sure it would get pricey with the number of heaters you may need.  I would be careful in preparing for the inclement weather.  If you are looking for potentially inexepensive place, you may want to try the city of Los Ranchos.  There is a park that has a "barn" like building that is completely empty and maybe prefect for tables, heaters, food, etc. I am not sure what the alcohol rules are or how many people you are anticipating, but this may be an option.  They also decorate it BEAUTIFULLY with lights for the holidays, so they may be open to keeping them up until after your wedding. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards