Vermont
Options

Arlington/Manchester recommendations

Hi all,

I recently had my wedding at the West Mountain Inn in Arlington, VT and found it SO hard to find recommended local vendors! Especially for hair, nails, etc. 

I got really lucky for the msot part, so I thought it only right to share - in case any brides are soon in the same situation as I was!

Green Door Spa had been recommended to me by someone in the area, but by the time we were able to call for reservations, they were fully booked (FYI, there are a LOT of weddings in this area so book EVERYTHING early!)

We found an available appointment at Salon and Boutique in Manchester, and even though I was super worried at first, they did an AWESOME job on my updo. I showed them a picture and they got it perfect.  

Their manicure was okay, but my pedicure was downright sloppy. I was in the salon for 1 hour drying and my big toe STILL smushed, which I didn't notice until the day of our wedding. 

For flowers, I used Nancy Bishop - she did everything I needed, but keep in mind that I looked at pictures of events she did previously and asked her to replicate exactly. 

I nixed the burlap table runners and extra vases I had originally wanted, but it was all still PERFECT - saving me about $300. 

She did GREAT work with my bouquet and my groom boutinierres were outstanding.

Of course, the venue was the best part - I highly recommend the West Mountain Inn! All their staff is incredibly warm, efficient, and detailed. 

Re: Arlington/Manchester recommendations

• Options
    Thanks for sharing this, it's very helpful! We'll be visiting the West Mountain Inn this weekend, in addition to a few others in VT. 

We are set on VT, just a matter of choosing the venue.  So I'm concerned about finding other vendors.  I'm in the NYC area, where the choices are endless but not sure I want to pay for travel, etc. 

Thanks again-
  • Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! Ive booked the west mountain inn for my 2014 wedding. I absolutely love it there. We have already booked our DJ (top hat) and photog (carrie ann)  but flowers are def something I am having a hard time with. Ive seen nancy's work and she is highly recomended but she doesnt appear to have worked with my color scheme before (blue, white, silver) and it makes me nervous. Any other feedback/ recomendations/ feedback would be appreciated :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What is Nancy Bishop's contact information? Also, how were the prices at the Salon and Botique? I am still in need of a florist that is not going to charge an arm and a leg. Getting married up at Stratton in June:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards