Vermont
Options

Road Trip

I am planning a road trip in the next few weeks and I have never been to Vermont. Where are some places that are a must see while I am in the state?

Re: Road Trip

• Options
    edited December 2011
    burlington!!!  there are shops, the lake, great food, and it is so cute and pretty.  i love it there.  montpelier is also nice (but not as nice as burlington!) and manchester is very nice as well, but is farther away (south).  what area will you be in?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    shauni27 is right come to Burlington. We have Church St. which had tons of shops and great food/bars (half of Church St. is pedestrian only). You can go to the waterfront and hang out on the boardwalk or walk the bike path. Nearby there is the Magic Hat brewery (South Burlington) and Essex Outlets (Essex Junction), you are also about 25 minutes from Waterbury/Stowe which has the Ben & Jerry's factory (Waterbury) and Stowe has some great restaurants as well.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are in Waterbury, definitely the Ben & Jerry's factory tour.  Three dollar admission + samples = totally worth it.  While you are in that area, check out Cold Hollow Cider Mill and the Cabot cheese and Lake Champlain chocolate stores.  All 3 are within 10 minutes of each other, and offer yummy samples (free!).  My fiance & I call it "The Route 100 Snack-fest!" 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards