• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Vermont

A VT wedding site on the cheap?

Hi-

My best guy friend is engaged and he and his fiancee would love to get married in Vermont.  They are looking for a place on the cheap. They only have about $20,00 for the whole entire wedding, at most, so it really needs to be a low, low price. They are thinking late August of next year.  The other requirement, besides cheap, is to have a real bathroom, so they don't have to rent porta-potties hahaha.

I am on the knot because I am getting married in October in Boston.  I know nothing about Vermont, but I thought I would use my Knot connection to help him out :)

Thanks a bunch!!

Missy

Re: A VT wedding site on the cheap?

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Pigeon Hill Farm in East Berkshire, VT.  It is an absolutely beautiful venue and affordable.  The ceremony can be held in their gorgeous garden for $500.  The reception is held in their amazing antique stable barn.  There is no reception site fee (with his and hers restrooms).  The most affordable meal is a free range chicken meal with a fresh salad and local breads as appetizer and they serve fruit with the cake (u bring cake)...I think it is $29 or $39, I forget.   They use organic and fresh ingredients.  Open bar can be done for only $20 per person.  (whatever it was I had calculated it all out to be $77 per person inclusive of food, alcohol, tax and gratuity).  They have lots of yummy options for food for coctail hour, which would total at about $200-$300. They have all the tables, tableware, linens etc.  They even offer to do the centerpieces fresh from their gardens for an affordable rate. There are 9 rooms available for rent (optional) for $100 a night, with nearby b&bs/hotels for the rest of the guests.  They only have a couple days next summer still open.  It would be easy to stay under $20K after adding DJ or Band, cake, officiant, other flowers if desired, wedding dress and photographer....no cutting corners needed.  I first learned of this venue when it was featured in articles in both Vermont Brides and VT Vows magazines.  Really nice!
    image Meghan-Marrying Rick May 28, 2011. Yayy!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow!!  That is excellent!  It looks like a gorgeous venue!  Thanks for the tip, I will pass it on, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!

Missy
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure where your friends want to get married in VT, but I just got married at the Alerin Barn in St. Johnsbury (10 minutes off of I-91).  My wedding came in about $3,000 under my budget of $20,000. One huge reason was that I only had 71 guests...

The Alerin Barn is very affordable: ceremony in a gorgeous field overlooking a huge barn. Cocktail on the farmhouse porch, then move into the barn for dinner and dancing. Christy, the owner/coordinator, is wonderful: she has made planning weddings her life.

They have a website, but it does not do the place justice. If you want to contact me for more info, my email is below.

Jenn Reynolds
    pohlman312@gmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    ECHO lake aquarium in Burlington might be a good way to go...they have gorgous views of the lake and have very resonable prices. Plus (it sounds like they will have a lot of out of town guests) it is within walking distance to the Marriott and the Hilton and some little B&Bs. here is their site... http://www.echovermont.org/visitors/facilityrental.html
  • We are starting to look at The Pigeon Hill farm as we too have a strict budget. Were they good to work with? How was the food?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards