Vermont

Vendor Reviews: Stoilov Studio, Catamount Country Club, etc.

So the wedding was back in February, these are probably a bit overdue.  Better late than never though... here's our feedback.

Catamount Country Club was great!  Both Alex (the owner) and Bob (the cook) are really nice guys, they listened very carefully to what we wanted and went out of their way to make sure everything was just right.  They also had really good suggestions on how to stretch our money for our food budget.  If you're looking for a nice, open, neutral space that you can make your own, I definitely suggest checking out the place.

As far as Stoilov Studio, I can't say enough good things.  Our photographer, Todd, was terrific!  He was willing to work with our budget, responded to emails promptly and asked a lot of questions to make sure he understood what we wanted.  I don't generally photograph well (think the Friends episode where Monica and Chandler get engagement photos... yeah), so I was kinda bitter about spending money to be "tortured."  When we got the photos back, I knew we had made the right choice... they were great!  If you are looking for someone who will capture your personality and the fun of your event, look no further!

Also want to mention... Lorrie from Yankee Candle (on Church Street in Burlington) is awesome.  After our centerpieces fell through for a SECOND time, we went there, almost in desperation.  She basically talked me down off the ledge, helped us come up with new ideas, and called around to other stores until she found enough of the (discontinued) items we wanted.  She even hooked up up with some coupons to help us save money, she is a rock star!

Ann from Men's Wearhouse in Williston is also great.  We had gone in there a couple times, and didn't really get the help we needed.  When we talked with Ann, we knew we'd be taken care of.  She even hunted down a tie for us so my husband and his dad (who was best man) would match.  Ask for her, she's super!

Hope this helps!  Good luck and best wishes to all you future brides!

Re: Vendor Reviews: Stoilov Studio, Catamount Country Club, etc.

• edited December 2011
    We are also looking at the Catamount Country Club for our 2012 wedding.  A few questions... they say they can fit 200 - do you think there is enough room?  Also, did you have the ceremony there?  If so, where were your guests sitting for that?  Most of the photos show the guests on the covered porch, which does not seem to be the bed view for the guests.  Thanks for your help!
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome review! I am also getting married at the Catamount Country Club. I agree Alex and Bob have been awesome!

Emellas7 - I am having my ceremony there by the pond at the 9th hole, for my ceremony we are going to have a few chairs but otherwise our guests will be standing - we are planning on having a short ceremony.
  • edited December 2011
    We did have our ceremony and reception there; we only had about 60 guests so we had more than enough room.  We actually used half of the room for the ceremony and the guest tables, and the other side for the food, cake, dance floor, etc.  I think you could seat 200 guests depending on how you use the space.  If you're having big buffet tables for your food you will probably be pretty cramped.  Definitely talk to Alex, he is the owner, he was really great at helping us figure out the logistics and how to best use the room.  Let me know if you have more questions. Hope this helps, good luck to you!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you both for the info!  Very helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards