Vermont

Good dress shops in VT?

I lived in VT up until I moved to GA 2 years ago. My immediate family still lives there and my mother insists I dress shop with her when I come home in December around Xmas... problem being, that will put me in one heck of a time crunch to get it done before leaving again.

Anyways, to cut bad or underwhelming places out of my searching (whether because of selection or customer service issues), what places have you all had good experiences with?  It can be anywhere in the state, north, south what have you (I've lived multiple places in VT so I will be able to hunt my way around pretty well).  I told my mother to talk to needlemans in Burlington and or St Albans (as they live right between there) but I don't know anywhere else other than davids bridal and some bridal shop from years ago in Rutland that was next to Cammiles consignment shop (goodness knows if it even still exists). Suggestions?
Thanks!
AnniversaryBuying A Home

Re: Good dress shops in VT?

• edited December 2011

I have heard good things about Fiori too.  I have several friends that got dresses there.

• BrycedanceBrycedance member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've also heard good things about Fiori.  If that doesn't work for you, Lubiana's Bridal in Barre has a good selection.  I went there looking for BM dresses - they are very helpful and supportive.
  • Lala7819Lala7819 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Adding Flori to the list!
    And EJ is way simple to get to at that, thinking I may check out BCBG outlet for a short reception dress  (riding a motorcycle between wedding site and reception site most likely) while I'm up there as I got a really pretty $300 dress for $19 when I visited last winter.
    AnniversaryBuying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    They just opened a Needlemans in Barre across the street from Lubianas. They were really nice there. You can try on dresses at any of the needlemans and have them transfered from store to store.
  • coralee715coralee715 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fiori closed :( 

Lubiana's in Barre is good. Needleman's in Newport was fantastic for me in 1991 when I married the first time.  I spoke to them in the new Barre store - you do not need an appointment to go look at dresses there.  There is one in Waitsfield too that sells dresses on consignment and they are all really nice.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lubiana's is closing too :(
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm... I called the Fiori number and got their answering machine? Said they are open Tues through Sat.  My sister apparently went to HS with the owner and knew about the shop and didn't say anything about it being gone/closing.  I guess I'll find out if I don't get a call back.  Their website is still up too.

Thanks for the tips! Called Needleman's in St Albans today also, the lady seemed really nice and said I should just call the day before coming in to let them know I will be coming to seriously look at dresses and all.
    AnniversaryBuying A Home
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmmm maybe they decided to stay open.  I know when I went by there last January they had store closing signs in the window.  Maybe it was just an inventory reduction sale.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a phonecall from Fiori's this morning and set up an appointment for when I go home.  They said they had closed for a little bit a couple years ago when they changed owners and had just changed owners agiain a couple months ago, but are still open. :)
    AnniversaryBuying A Home
  • nmeakernmeaker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also try Sewly Yours on Church Street in Burlington.  I'll be doing the same thing at the same time of year and they have some great designers (and custom too).  There's also a David's Bridal on route 2 just at the 89 exit for Burlington.
  • edited December 2011
    Fiori is DEFINITELY still open, alive and well.  I love that shop!
    ~Jessie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards