Vermont

Ideas?

Hello Ladies! I'm new to the Knot. My fiance and I are getting married in April, before he ships out to boot camp in May. Out plan is to have a very small ceremony with just family and a JOP, and then when we get stationed, settled, and have a lot more money in the bank, we want to have the big wedding that we both really want. I was wondering if any of you other ladies are doing anything like this, and if you had any suggestions. I would like it to be a little bit more than just a JOP in our house, but we really don't have a ton to spend right now. Any suggestions and advice would be so helpful :).

Wonderful to meet you all!

Re: Ideas?

• BrycedanceBrycedance member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome!  You could always do a small ceremony in April - if you want something larger than what your home allows for you might want to look into community center spaces, art galleries, and area colleges for renting space - most of those spaces (at least in Central VT) run from about $100 - $500 to rent, which is pretty reasonable.  When you get back then just have a big reception and invite everyone you'd like to invite.  I hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    April in VT is a great time to get married if you have a tight budget as it is mud season. A great and inexpensive venue is ECHO in Burlington. You could a beautiful ceremony overlooking the lake and then a cocktail or dessert reception on the lower deck or inside. Thier rental prices are very good... http://www.echovermont.org/visitors/facilityrental.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards