April 2012 Weddings
Options

Laughing at myself because...

At this point, thats all I can do.  I finally got my last VP shipment today, after we finalized our hotel blocks, with our accommodations cards and redesigned seals.  My invites have been a labor of love because I had such a specific vision of what I wanted so I designed them, had them printed through VP, made my own pocketfolds and assembled them, all on my own.  So I rip open the box and sit down to finish stuffing my invites to be mailed on Monday...I spelled accommodations wrong...two different ways, on the enclosure card.  Awesome.  And you know what?  I don't care.  I'm not paying or waiting to have them reprinted and shipped.  FI and I proofed them before having them printed and both missed it until they were staring me in the face.  I figure if anyone notices it, they probably won't say anything.  So I don't care, I'm using them anyways.

Re: Laughing at myself because...

• Options
    You have such a great attitude about this! I seriously doubt anyone will notice. I misspelled "panties" on a lingerie shower invitation when I threw one for my old roommate, and only one person said anything! They just teased me about it. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    I seriously think that's the best thing you can do.  Who will even remember in 20 years (besides maybe you)?  I would probably be torn between laughing and crying.  Laughing is much better.  :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    FI was like "Well we should just reprint them ourselves!'  I told him that having mismatched paper and print job would bother me a whole lot more than the typo- and its not like the typo involves misinformation, no one will get lost because I spelled it wrong.  Plus the idea of all of that work is just daunting, when I suggested that it was something he could handle, he quickly came around to my way of thinking.
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, I agree that at this point, it's just whatever. I seriously doubt anyone will even pay any attention, and even if they do, they probably won't say anything to you about it because they should know there is nothing you can do about it. I know that pointing out something like that to a bride would NOT be on my list of things to do, unless it was in fact a potential problem (like turn left when it should be a right, the wrong address, etc). 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    Oh no! Great attitude, not much more you  can do at this point.  No one will remember in the long run. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards