Vermont

A few notes on The Inn at Baldwin Creek in Bristol & Stray Cat Farm Please read before you commi

Hi There,
So I've been meaning to get around to this post for awhile and finally sitting down to do it. I was married this fall and wanted to pss a long a few words of advice and my experience as i wish someone had done this for me before gettingn involved with either of these vendors. Let me start by saying over all our experience with both of these were O.K. But given the opportunity to go back and change things, given that Vermont has an ABUNDANCE of fabulous vendors and florist-I wouldn't have gone with eiher of these.

The venue: The Inn at Baldwin Crek:
Pros: gorgeous setting, lovely food "all inclusive" don't have to do tent, food, bar ala carte.
Cons: We found the the owner Linda was at time incredibly controlling and rude. A few examples:We were told about 3 occasions whee she was snappy with guests and very UNaccomidating. She chastized people for drinking beer instead of wine at dinner (one of them being my godfather!!) also talks to you as if you were a child at times. Thre was a brief moment of panic after having lost our programs (she was given them before hand) her response to my maid of honor was "not my problem"
 She wasn't even there to thank us or say goodbye after we left the Inn (and having spent over $12,000!) My advice: look elsewhere. After our weddign we spoe with so many others who had great experirnces and hosts were sweet accomidating and lovely to deal with.

Our Flowers: I chose stray cat because i had always been impressed with her arrangements at Burlington Farmers market. However, she is incredibly pricey and did not interpret the flowers very well based on what we had taked about. She's INCREDIBLY scattered. I found myself calling her to set up a time to meet and touching base n flowers (a week before wedding!!) She's got far too much on her plate with out the staff to support I think. She's also incredibly pricey considering she doesn't communicate well with brides. I will note that i have heard this from 3 other brides in their dealings with her. If your looking for local flowers-try bloom in Shelburne.

So there you have it. This is in no way to bash anyone only to offer advice I WISH i would've gotton before committing to these folks.
Good Luck!

Re: A few notes on The Inn at Baldwin Creek in Bristol & Stray Cat Farm Please read before you commi

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards