Vermont
Options

Quechee Inn at Marshland Farms review???

Anybody have reviews on the Quechee Inn at Marhsland Farms?

Thanks!

Re: Quechee Inn at Marshland Farms review???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked into the Marshland Farms, but decided not to go with them because they wanted us to rent out a porta-potty to accommodate all the guests (which I wasn't a huge fan of).  We then checked out the Quechee Country Club and love it!  Have you checked it out?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am familiar with the Quechee Club (I grew up in Woodstock) and got an information packet from there and we were thinking about possibily visiting. 

How big is your guest list? Are all your guests from out of town?  Have you decided on Quechee Club as your venue, or is it just one of your top choices?  If you did/are going to choose Quechee Club as you venue, where are you thinking you'll have guests stay?  Did you just look at the main room, or did you look at Murphy Farmhouse?

IWe are expecting about 150 people, most of them from out of town, so one of the concerns about Marshland Farms was that basically our wedding party and familiy would stay at the Inn and everybody else would have to stay somewhere else (my fiance has friends coming in from California and family from Georgia, so ideally we would all stay one place so that we could spend time with everybody). 

Thanks so much!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked at Quechee Inn as well, but in the end decided not to go with them for the same reason...we wanted everyone to stay with us. Have you checked out Hawk Mountain Inn in Plymouth yet? That's the place we ended up going with, They have a 50 room inn, plus villas in the surrounding hills that your guests can rent out. And they don't require you to rent out the whole inn, which a lot of places in Vermont  seem to require. It doesn't have as much country charm as the Quechee Inn, but it was perfect for what we were looking for. Good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So funny that you said that!  Hawk is one of our top choices right now.  I grew up driving past Marshland Farms and have always loved it.  It has exactly the Vermont feel that I wanted our guests to appreciate.  However, my fiance and I left Hawk with that "this is PERFECT" for us feeling.  My ONLY hesitation with Hawk is the appearance.  While Hawk is still beautiful in it's own way, it wasn't necessarily what I had imagined.

I would love to hear more about your planning at Hawk if you're willing to share  (my email address is kendelllensing@gmail.com)!  I know somebody who got married there this past Fall and her family said that it was amazing, and they couldn't say enough about how wonderful Jessica was!  So congrats on picking what I am sure will be an amazing venue for you and your fiance!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i used to work at quechee inn at marshland farms and would love to have my wedding there!  we talked about it (and talked to them about it) but it was out of oour budget.  in all of the weddings and events that i worked there, i never once saw them use a porta potty...i wonder if that is new?  my friend was married there last summer and could not stop raving about the entire experience.  beautiful space, great event coordinator, excellent food, etc. 
    however, if you are worried about size, and hawk mountain's appearance, you should check out echo lake inn, also in plymouth (i think?!?!)  it is bigger than quechee inn and i think it is really beautiful as well.  i have another friend getting married there shortly and she has been so pleased with her experience so far.
    good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards