Vermont

Sugarbush or other Mad River Valley venues

Hi All
My fiance and I are thinking about the Mad River Valley area for next September.  I absolutely love the Round Barn, but it's out of our price range.
We are thinking about Sugarbush- does anyone have any experience with them?
Any other (affordable) Mad River Valley locations that you'd recommend?
Thanks!

Re: Sugarbush or other Mad River Valley venues

• edited December 2011
    It totally depends on your price range. You may not even be able to find something around that area within your price range. It all comes down to what you define "affordable" as.
  • edited December 2011
    The new hotel at Sugarbush is very nice.  It would be a great place to have a wedding but very different from Round Barn.  Does it have to be in the Mad River Valley?
  • edited December 2011
    If you can't afford The Round Barn, you probably won't be able to afford Sugarbush either.

I'm planning a Sunday wedding and just received a price quote of $23,000. Granted the quote includes a hosted bar, but even with out that it's over $17,000.
  • katvtkatvt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could try The Lareau Farm. They have a beautiful set up there. There are many places in the Valley. The Round Barn and Sugarbush are the most expensive but there are a few that are fairly reasonable. But I will say the Mad River Valley is not cheap.
    Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
  • AshVTLeeAshVTLee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at Sugarbush in Timbers and it was amazing.  I can't say enough about how wonderful everyone did!  They are on the pricier side, though.  Well worth it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards