Vermont
Options

Venue

My fiance is a snowboarder and i ski. So i was thinking lately that it'll be nice to have a wedding in VT during the snow season and as we have not set a concrete date yet, i can definitely take my time and pick a good venue (i was looking into Okimo or Stowe mntns... However, i have to think about our friends and family majority of whom do not enjoy outdoors in the winter. Also, im on the budget, so the price defeinitely matters.
Any one has any pleasant memories/suggestions/knowledge?
Please and thank youSmile

Re: Venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that a winter wedding in Vermont would be amazing even if most of your guests don't ski.  It will be beautiful!

I looked into a few places in Stowe and one in Okemo and stowe was definitely much more expensive.  Also, I see you are a New Yorker like myself and Okemo is much easier to get to--if your guests from NYC.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got married at the Hawk Inn, which is near Okemo. It was absolutely amazing and exceeded my expectations in every way. And I think there'd be plenty to do there for your non-skiing guests. They have an indoor and outdoor pool (and the outdoor one is heated in the winter) and I think they have lots of wintery activities there as well, like sledding etc. My wedding was in the summer, but I bet it'd be great in the winter, too. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Killington Grand Resort (http://www.killington.com).  The cost was not too bad, and the venue is gorgeous.  You should check it out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A venue in Burlington might be a good way to go. You and your new hubby could just drive to a nearby resort for your wedding night. ECHO is a great place for those who dont want to be outside but they have a wall of windows overlooking the lake and their prices are really good, here is their website... http://www.echovermont.org/visitors/facilityrental.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards