Vermont
Options

Kingsland Bay Catering Panic

etieetie member
First Comment
Hi All!  I'm a non-VT bride getting married in VT.  My fiance is from VT and is studying in Burlington, but I haven't had too much time to be up near the wedding location.

We have thusfar contacted a caterer last summer who said he would do our wedding this summer (Jully!).  However, I'm starting worry that if he decides to pull out (we have no deposit or anything yet), that I'll be left in a lurch.  So, has anybody found any great budget-friendly, off-site catering?  Any Kingsland Bay Brides out there?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Kingsland Bay Catering Panic

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can honestly say I know nothing about Kingsland Bay Catering, but I used Farmhouse Catering with Lisa. She was absolutely awesome and I know she does weddings, banquets, parties in the Burlington/Lake Champlain area. She was extremely professional, so creative with the food, and very accomodating to my $50 p/p budget. She has a website: The Farmhouse Cafe (East Calais).

I also met with Catering by Dale (Shelburne), but decided just because of distance (I got married on the NH side of VT), I wouldn't use her. Her food was very basic, but it's simplicity was welcoming and very yummy. She was also very accomodating with my budget.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    BrycedanceBrycedance member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using the Farmhouse also... Lisa is absolutely wonderful :)
  • Options
    etieetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks guys!

Sorry my post was vague.  I wasn't using "Kingsland Bay Catering" I was wondering about caters who cater at "Kingsland Bay State Park."

Thanks again for your help and sorry for the confusion!

• Options
    VTBride10VTBride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend Tasty Persuasions tina@tastypersuasions.com ) .... we had our ceremony at Kingsland Bay and it was beautiful. We were going to have the party there too (and got a very reasonable quote from Tina) but didn't because of the sunset curfew and size of our wedding. Let me know if you have any other questions!
  • Options
    gwenhope3gwenhope3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having Champlain College cater our "Welcome to Vermont" party.  They are SOOO resonable and do off site catering. 
    www.champlain.edu/Documents/event.../Catering%20Guide%202011.pdf
  • Options
    etieetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all!  These are great suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards