Vermont
Options

Vermont Wedding Cakes

Hey All,
Just wanted your opinions on bakers in vermont.  I'm getting married in Stowe, and need to find a baker for our wedding cake!  I've read vermont cake studio is so-so... any recommendations on amazingly great tasting cakes or even sub-par bakeries?

Thanks for any input! 

Re: Vermont Wedding Cakes

• Options
    Pippin84Pippin84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our cake is being done by Jesse Lauer of The Bearded Frog restaurant in Shelburne. He's amazingly talented! His cakes are beautiful AND delicious. I'm not sure if he delivers to Stowe, but it couldn't hurt to ask. The number is 802-985-9877. Good luck!
    Erin
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey!
    Also planning in Stowe, and here are a few people to check with; the first listed is the one that comes highly recommended!
    - the cakery at jamie's on main: http://thecakeryvt.com, stowe
    - vermont cake studio, waterbury center VT
    - vermojnt sweet tooth, stowe
    best of luck! :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Michelle Hines of The Cakery at Jamies on Main. She was wonderful to work with, the cake was beautiful, and it was delicious! We received many compliments from our guests on both the design as well as the taste. I would definitely recommend her! Good luck with the rest of your planning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if she is too far from your venue, but we are using Julie Lane who owns Slice of Life VT in Bridgewater.  Her website is http://www.sliceoflifevt.com/ .  She has been WONDERFUL to deal with, and I am out-of-state so her attention to detail and good communication has been imperative.  She is even having her florist order voodoo roses so that she can match the color of the roses on our cake to the roses we're having for our flowers.  And her cake is TO DIE FOR. 
  • Options
    TurtleRoperTurtleRoper member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just married in Stowe, and I highly recommend Vermont Sweet Tooth 802.253.3903.  Marion is located right in Stowe and her cakes are beautiful, absolutely delicious, and they are affordably priced!  She didn't nickel and dime us for cake tastings or deliveries.  She made sure she was in touch with my florist to ensure that the sugar flowers she made for my cake matched my bouquet.  She is a lovely woman with a big heart and was absolutely wonderful to work with!   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards