West Virginia

Blackwater Falls wedding advice? Please and thank you very much:)

Hello everyone!        We are in the beginning stages of planning a wedding at Blackwater Falls, WV for next Summer. Ceremony at Blackwater State Park and we're considering renting a vacation home and having the reception there.        We are trying to save money and looking for any advice on food, vendors, or ...  really ANY advice is super welcome.       Anyone out there already wed in that area, please tell me how it went for you. Thank you all for your time!

Re: Blackwater Falls wedding advice? Please and thank you very much:)

• agtuckeragtucker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi there. I got married at Blackwater Falls 3 years ago at the overlook. It's free to use - you only have to pay for the chairs. The overlook is a nice location because there is a big parking lot there and it's not a long walking distance. Plus, everyone can see the overlook! we had our reception at Canaan Valley Resort. You could have a cookout recpetion at the one of the pavillions at Blackwater Falls. That would probably be a less expensive way to go. You could cater yourself or find a caterer (either way would be cheaper than the resorts). Most of my stuff (flowers, cake, etc) was out of Elkins. Tammy's flowers was the best. She was very helpful in findig vendors and having ideas. I loved getting married at Blackwater. It was great. Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree I think that Elkins would be the best place to look for vendors.  Blackwater falls would be a gorgeous place to get married.  I really wanted to get engagement pictures there, but could not get it to work out with our schedules.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
  • edited December 2011
    agtucker & doingitright- thanks for the replies you guys! It's much apprecited!:) My fiance & I went to Blackwater last weekend to see our spot and we feel in love with it. The Overlook is absolutely everything I ever wanted in a ceremony site and it's so affordable! We were both overwhelmed by it. And my man officially proposed on the cliffs and gave me my ring, and made it even more special. I think I'm going to love having our wedding there too. agtucker- kudos to sharing the same site! Reading how happy you were with your wedding has made me even more excited for my own I also located a vendor for chairs and tables out of Elkins. We have decided to rent a vacation house and do the reception in the backyard, to be catared by my awesome family. So far the wedding plans are going very well and I'm still a year away from our date. I'm super excited and very thankful for all the help this site and you all have provided. Thank you guys very much!
  • HNYHNY member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello, I am also planning a wedding at BlackWater Falls on November 11th. I was looking for some opinions on an outdoor quick wedding at the Overlook during this time. Not familiar with the weather during this time and wondering if there will still be fall foliage? Any other advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • Hello i wanted to know some thought on this park. I just moved into the area and i wanted to get married somewhere beautiful. i wanted to know what the weather would be like in december?? and you think it would be pretty to get married there in december??
  • Hello i wanted to know some thought on this park. I just moved into the area and i wanted to get married somewhere beautiful. i wanted to know what the weather would be like in december?? and you think it would be pretty to get married there in december??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards