West Virginia
Options

Alterations

Hello!  I've never been on this board since I'm having a destination wedding but I've recently moved to WV and I could really use your help.  I need to find someone to do alterations on my wedding dress.  The only thing I really need done is the bussle.  I have been calling places this morning and getting a lot of "if you didn't buy your dress here we can't help you".  Well I bought my dress in Wyoming so I can't really take it back there.  I between Charleston and Huntington in Hurricane.  If anyone has any recommendations I would be greatly appreciative.  Thanks in advance!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Alterations

• Options
    arad24arad24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in the same situation as you. I bought my dress in KY, but haven't began to look around here for someone to do the alterations. Let me know if you find out anything. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would ask around, family, friends, co-workers, anyone who may know someone. I wish I could help, but I bought my dress at Davids so they'll be doing my alterations.
    Two souls and one thought, two hearts and one pulse imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You may want to try Cinderella's Closet in Milton.
  • Options
    michy1987michy1987 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I WOULD SAY YOUR BEST BET IS TO LOOK FOR AN INDIVIDUAL SEAMSTRESS SOMEONE NOT ASSOCIATED WITH A PARTICULAR STORE. I HAD A LADY DO AN ALTERATION ON A PROM DRESS WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL, SHE LIVED IN THE NITRO AREA. IF YOU BREAK OUT A PHONEBOOK YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND A SEAMSTRESS...HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL
  • Options
    WVUITGradWVUITGrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a place in St. Albans - Creative Sewing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards