West Virginia
Options

ROLL CALL!!! let's get some life in this board!

2»

Re: ROLL CALL!!! let's get some life in this board!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Everyone!
    I am getting married October 2nd, 2010 in Charles Town, WV. Still have alot of work for it, Havent been able to find an affordable photographer. We are on a very tight budget.. Not sure what the budget is but just know we dont have much but we are going to make do with what we got :)
  • Options
    alloy1028alloy1028 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi I'm Jessica and my fiance Stephen and I are getting married on Sunday, Oct 9th 2011!  I'm finishing up architecture school in Oregon right now, but I'm a West Virginia girl at heart.  We were supposed to be getting married on 10/10/10, but we postponed it a year because life got crazy and we're moving to Austin soon. 
    We were originally going to get married at Keswick Hall in Charlottesville, VA (which is amazing btw!), but we've decided to go for a lower budget this time around.  Most of my family and friends live within an hour of Lewisburg, so I'm trying to find a fabulous venue within a 3 hour radius.  Looking for a place with character, great food, and a view.

We're going for an autumn themed wedding, but I love red and purple foliage, not  the typical orange, yellow and brown.  There will be a little pale pink thown in as well. I really want to have some peonies even though they won't be in season!

We want to have an outdoor harvest festival before the ceremony with games, music, elegant carnival food and spiced cider followed by an an outdoor ceremony.  Instead of a traditional served dinner or buffet, we're going to have an over-the-top high tea reception with miniature delicies served family style on platters and tiered servers on long dining tables.  Then we'll cap of the night with drinking and dancing and fancy food stations.  Also, we're doing several centerpiece cakes on the tables rather than one large cake.  My mom collects china, so we have tons of fancy serveware to make it really pretty.

I'm doing a lot of DIY stuff including letterpressing my own invitations- this is going to be so much fun!
  • Options
    ashleyghashleygh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have just now discovered the WV boards 58 days from my wedding lol

I'm from Jackson County and my Fiance moved to WV from Niagara Falls, NY for work. we're getting married November 6, 2010. Our colors are plum and crimson with navy accents (think OPI's Russian line). We both have very large families so our guestlist is looking at 175-200. To save money I've completed a lot of DIY projects, and actually with reception food included our budget is coming in at $5,800 :-) original budget was 10k. Some of my DIY projects are in my profile.

Happy wedding planning ladies! :-)
  • Options
    Sunflower90Sunflower90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hello all!
    My name is Kelsi. I am from barboursville wv. i am recently engaged... just decided on a date- May 28, 2011! I cant wait to get this party started!
  • Options
    Melsie83Melsie83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey everybody! Im a newbie here! I'm Melanie and we're getting married April 2nd. I need ideas suggestions for places in Charleston or Huntington for the reception. Any help would be appreciated!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My name is Brittany!  My FI and I are getting married October 15, 2011 at Lakeview in Morgantown.  Our colors are fall colors, orange, green and chocolate brown.  I just started planning and I am so excited!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards