West Virginia
Options

Wedding Craziness, and craziness and craziness....... AHHH HELP!!!

OK, so im 21 and getting hitched in May in Vegas, but problem is, my family wants a wedding wedding and so do i, so while my future husband is deployed I will be planning a wedding twelve hundred miles away from where it will actually be taking place. He is deploying in June and I have six months from when he leaves to plan a wedding.... URGH

I'm overwhelmed, and I have so man different questions, where do i start, how much is a reasonable budget, what kind of cake, what kind of flower girl dresses, how do i not step on people's toes with this craziness, how much is reasonable for a dress..? To name a few.. Help would be amazing..... Like yeah.. Wedding wedding is sometime in january of next year so i have a year to plan it but I'll be roughly 1200 miles away in Texas, trying to plan a wedding at home... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Wedding Craziness, and craziness and craziness....... AHHH HELP!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  Calm down.  You need to figure out how much your budget it - ask your parents if they are planning on paying for part of it and his parents.  Then you'll have to decide based on that how much you and your H-to-Be will need to pitch in. 
    2. Once you find out how much money you have then you can start to play.  Personally I like having the ceremony and reception at the same place.  Find a venue that will suit your needs. 
    3.  Start now looking at dresses online, there are some really nice dresses at David's Bridal that are on clearance - so if you need a dress on a budget, I'd suggest doing something like that. 
    4.  As far as everything else, look around at different wedding ideas and see what you like.  You might like colors, example - reds and pinks - like Valentines Day.  You can use this Valentines Day to get mark down items to decorate with.  Favor idea: heart shaped cookie cutters.  

Just look around on this website and talk with your friends who have gotten married and some other friends that are really crafty you might be able to come up with a great solution and have an amazing party. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     Honey do you need a hug? And when next ((January)) rolls around you can look back a have a big laugh. Best Wishs..October 2011 Bride
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A reasonable budget can only come fromm you and your families (if they are helping).  Sit down with them if they are helping and determine what they are "supposed" to pay for (there is a list of this on theknot.com if I'm not mistaken) and how much they are willing to pay for those things.  

Do A LOT of research online, especially if you are strying to keep a low budget.  

Pick someone that knows you best AND that you trust to help you (as a stand in bride/groom/both) to meet with vendors, etc. in your hometown.  And at any time you can go home, go.  And schedule as many appointments as you can fit in during each trip.  It is not a time to visit your family, but a time to do hardcore planning.  

Make a list of things you want and don't want.  Make sure the people helping you out have a copy of this list.  

Fake flowers are cheaper (if you know someone crafting) and don't require preservation, seasons, or have super smells.  My aunt and mother made my sister's arrangements, and they looked real and stunning.  

Shop at Michaels.  They have nice essentials....and really good deals on invitation kits.  use their coupons and you could get stuff for next to nothing!

Since your hubby is deploying, make sure everything that he has to be in town for (like fittings) is done before he leaves.  

My wedding is not nearly as far away as yours is.  I am planning mine from about 300 miles away, but it does make things harder.  

Need anything else, don't hesitate to ask!
    ~Lauren.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards