West Virginia

Rustic beautiful location in W. Virginia/Ohio border?

Hi everyone!  I've been feverishly looking for a nice venue near Marietta, Ohio.  I'd like the venue not to be further than 30 minutes from Marietta and it can be in Ohio or West Virginia.  Does anyone know a nice rustic barn or a big open space that also allows people to be outside on the grass with beautiful setting/views?  I envision a big open space like the image attached. 

Wedding is labor day weekend so weather should be good.  Please help!  Thank you so much!

Re: Rustic beautiful location in W. Virginia/Ohio border?

• I've been looking in the same area! :( Let me know if you find anything!
  • edited February 2013
    huppcm > nothing yet.  any good finds on your side?

elBecko /> I looked into the Blennerhassett island, but the limit is 100 people and we might be just over that. I thought maybe Bob Evans Farms in Rio Grande, OH might be close to you, but that's still one hour away and I am not sure about the pricing.

Ideas are always welcomed!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_west-virginia_rustic-beautiful-location-in-w-virginiaohio-border?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:132Discussion:fe3dc5fa-e63f-4afe-a8c1-f8bae642d6a9Post:0f0ba869-8d3e-48bb-af85-1f345b8c471b">Re: Rustic beautiful location in W. Virginia/Ohio border?</a>:
    [QUOTE]huppcm /> nothing yet.  any good finds on your side? elBecko /> I looked into the Blennerhassett island, but the limit is 100 people and we might be just over that. I thought maybe Bob Evans Farms in Rio Grande, OH might be close to you, but that's still one hour away and I am not sure about the pricing. Ideas are always welcomed!
    Posted by sebmarietta[/QUOTE]

Hi there,

Henderson Hall in Williamstown is an 1800s mansion with a big outdoor space around it along the river.  I don't think they have a barn but you could consider a tent outside of the hall.  I'm not sure it's exactly what you are looking for, but at least something to check into!

For the person who was looking in the Huntington/Tri-State area, check into the Knotty Pine Lodge in Fraziers Bottom, Putnam County. <a href="http://www.knottypinelodgewv.com" rel="nofollow">www.knottypinelodgewv.com</a>  My husband and I got married there in September and were very happy with the location!  You can do an indoor ceremony in the great room, but we chose an outdoor ceremony for and tented reception.  It's off the new Route 35 exit.   

Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_west-virginia_rustic-beautiful-location-in-w-virginiaohio-border?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:132Discussion:fe3dc5fa-e63f-4afe-a8c1-f8bae642d6a9Post:d007f891-24a2-4868-815f-29bf0a8f8c41">Re: Rustic beautiful location in W. Virginia/Ohio border?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rustic beautiful location in W. Virginia/Ohio border? : I actually live pretty close to Putnam Co, so that could work out well!  Thanks for the tip!
    Posted by elBecko[/QUOTE]

No problem.  Hope it works out for you!
  • Hi ladies, 

You might consider Sweet Apple Farms in Vincent, OH. I had a friend get married there and it was quite lovely. Good luck finding a location!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards