Wyoming

Idaho Knottie Looking to Honeymoon in Wyoming

We are in Idaho, but want to have our honeymoon in Wyoming.

HELP! Where are some NOT SO EXPENSIVE, nice places to stay, and things to do.

Thanks in advance darrllinnnggs :) 

Re: Idaho Knottie Looking to Honeymoon in Wyoming

• edited December 2011
    Questions for you - Where in Wyoming?  And what type of things do you want to do?  What time of year? 

In the Northwest you have Yellowstone and the Tetons - so lots of beautiful scenery.  Jackson is always expencive but Cody is a lot less expencive (east of Yellowstone).  Also Cody is at the base of the Big Horns. 

To the Southwest and middleish.  THere is the Wind River Range.  This would be more of the hiking/backpacking and fishing type.  Pinedale and Lander my be your best bet for towns to stay in.  Further south is the Red desert. Honistly not a lot there, but it has it's own unique flavor (not romantic though) (I'm from this part)

To the Southeast there is the Snowy Range and lots of random rock formations. This area is good for hicking and rock climbing.  Cheyenne and Laramie have a lot of history. 

To the Northeast...I don't have much to say.  I've only camped in some of the areas and don't know much the northeastern part of Wyoming other then Devils Tower. 

These are mostly summer ideas but there is lots of winter activities as well. 
  • edited December 2011
    If you go when Yellowstone is open you can go there. And there are a bunch of things you can do in town. You could go to the Buffalo Bill Historical Center. If you Stay in Cody I would stay in the hotel, "The Cody". It's a new hotel that is amazing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards