Not Engaged Yet

why is it so hard?

My wonderful bf wants me to have the exact ring that I want. So, I've finally narrowed it down to 2 settings. A classic tiffany style ring or a Vatche Royal crown. I would post links, but every time I try, the links come out messed up. Anyway, I feel like I'm making a big deal out of nothing. It doesn't help when bf says that I'll be wearing the ring for the next 10-15 years. We are planning to upgrade each other in the future, but it's still a long term commitment. So, what should I do? I'm thinking that I should go with the Tiffany because it will never go out of style. Then again the royal crown is beautiful. Someone tell me I'm making a big deal out of nothing.

Re: why is it so hard?

• edited December 2011
    P.S. Did I mention that bf said I better choose soon because he's going to propose within the next 3 months? Yikes! Decisions, decisions.
  • edited December 2011
    From my google searching, it looks like both are pretty classic settings. I doubt either would go out of style.  If you truly have no preference, I'd tell your BF to go with whatever will be cheaper. 
  • edited December 2011
    Which is my way of telling you that you're making a big deal out of nothing.  You could also always just tell your BF to pick whichever he prefers, because you love both and just can't decide.  That way, you'll still be a little surprised when he proposes.
  • edited December 2011
    It doesn't matter what will go "out of style", what's YOUR style? That's what's important. In all honesty, it's not really relevant as to how the ring looks, it's what it means* (*and by that I mean, as long as it's something you love... if it's something completely not your style, then I can say you can have some room to vent). Don't think of the ring so much... he knows what you want for the most part. Think of the fact that he wants to marry you. That's awesome! Times like this this I'm glad I had pretty much nothing to do with my ring. I just said "not yellow gold!". Don't worry so much about it. If you like both, I'm sure you'll be happy when he pops the question. Honestly, I'd leave it up to him. Leave at least somewhat of an element of surprise.
    Night swimming in the ocean= pretty sweet reception!
  • edited December 2011
    Lol we took the same route Sassy except my only input was 'please yellow gold'.  Goldlie I have to agree that you are making a big deal out of nothing. I doubt either will go out of style, but if they did who cares? It is about what you want and not what other people think you should have. I would go the more pragmatic route and pick the lesser $$$ and the one that could withstand the wear & tear of daily life.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree 100% with Sassy and Noelle.  You are getting worked up over nothing.  The only thing that matters is that you like the ring.  If you like both equally, tell your BF to choose one so you can be surprised a bit like Noelle said.FWIW, my ring is from 1941.  I'm fairly sure it's come and gone on the style train, but I absolutely love it, and that is all that matters to me.  I'm sure whichever ring you end up getting you will feel the same way about.  :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    When I showed bf both of the rings, he said they were both nice. He said that the Tiffany is more classic looking and it would go well with my style. The Tiffany is also $300 cheaper. So, I may just go with that one. I told him to pick for me, but he said that he wanted me to pick which one. I do need to stop thinking about it. You ladies are right about that.
  • zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are planning to upgrade each other in the future, but it's still a long term commitment.So this is just a starter marriage for the both of you?
  • edited December 2011
    We are planning to upgrade the rings on a significant anniversary (either our 10 or 15 year anniversary).
  • You are waaaaay overthinking this. IF you haven't tried them both on I would recommend you do so....but thats it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards