Not Engaged Yet

NQB

I didn't want to thread jack my own thread LOLBut I'm really excited and I know you'll get it, my brother just called me and told me that for Christmas he's taking me to my first NFL game. Giants vs. Washington Monday Night Dec 21st!Yay!!!
image image image image 
"but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NQB

• magsugar13magsugar13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It will be great to see washington get their butts kicked in person! ;)
    Spring Break 2013
  • edited December 2011
    Right on!I'm super excited because I've been a giants fan since I was a kid. My dad always took my brothers to games though and since High School I've been declining offers to go see Patriots and Jets games because I really wanted my first NFL game to be a Giants game.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • magsugar13magsugar13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    great choice! If they keep playing like they have been, it will be a great game. We get to go at least 2x's a year, my BIL has season tixs and he takes us to a couple of games. i don't even care who they are playing i just like to be there.
    Spring Break 2013
  • edited December 2011
    Oh lucky!  What a great bro!  We can't go to any games this year. :-( But we are going to Giants stadium tomorrow for U2.  I'm so excited!!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    U2?! that is sick. Can I come? hehe, you are only lucky bugger.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I'm psyched.  We didn't even try to get tickets but they moved the date of the concert and then one of FI's friends couldn't go anymore.  I have never seen them live.  It may rain but it still should be a great show.  :-)
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    NQB, I LOLed when I read your comment, as BF and I are seeing U2 at Tampa Bay stadium in about two weeks...and three days after that, we're hitting Dolphins vs. Jets in prime time. Should be an awesome weekend.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• edited December 2011
    I'm so excited.  I leave work in less than 2 hours.  It's a Beautiful Day!

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Ok, NQB, do tell...how what the concert?!? Any playlist details you can slip me? :)

• edited December 2011
    The concert was awesome!!  I'm usually good at remembering set lists but we got home sofa king late that I can't recall.  But pretty much if it is an awesome U2 song they played it. And the stage that purportedly takes 48 to dissassemble (thus the reason the concert had to be moved to  Wednesday setting off the chain of events that led to us getting tickets) well you have to see it to believe it: It was like a giant space monster.  The black thing is a wrap around jumbo screen that was raised, lowered and expanded throughout the night. U2 uses a lot of videos to go along with certain songs, especially if they were tying it into some social cause.  In between the two rows of people you see there (if you can see that) was a platform that Bono and the band walked around the whole night.  The tour is called U2 360 and they really played up the circular thing, moving around so much that you could see from every seat.We kind of dug the opening band Muse too.  I have to remember to look them up later.

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Here's another pic so you can see it when it gets darker.  There were 2 encores.  There was a song about the leader of Burma and they had people walk around the outer circle of the stage with masks of her face which was cool.

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    I'm so jazzed about the concert, it's not even funny. My friend (Joe) arranged the tix for us, and he got us in the 9th row or something equally ridiculous, so I'm super pumped.Yeah, we keep hearing the playlist is insane...typically (according to Joe, the U2 expert) they don't play more than 2-3 of their big hits, but the last playlist we looked at, they had nearly every big hit in their roster. I figure as long as they play "With or Without You", "Streets Have No Name" and "Mysterious Ways", I'll be a happy camper.

• edited December 2011
    They played all three of those.  I was even meaning to brush up on their newer stuff before the show because I hate not knowing songs but I think I knew almost all of them.  It was really romantic hearing them play with FI.  We were dancing in the row.  :-)

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards