Not Engaged Yet

*** Regulars ***

124»

Re: *** Regulars ***

• edited December 2011
    I bet she doesn't even have a dog.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Or a cat! Don't be biased, you have to include cats, too.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I was kidding.  I don't have a dog either but it seems everyone on this board does.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    I have a housemate that isn't my BF..does he count as a pet? lol
  • edited December 2011
    Oh! NQB! I just saw you are in Albany (I dunno why I didn't look before!). I <3 Bomber's...*nom nom* Disco fries!! lol
  • edited December 2011
    Yay for Bombers!  Did you live in Albany?  Ever have the birthday margarita?  Killer.

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    SO...I just went over and tried to catch up on the SFL nonsense that Salt was talking about.According to them I'm an inbred idiot because I'm from Georgia.  Nice.  I love how they absolutely BURNED that one girl Melissa for making a generalization about their board, but then made generalizations that were ten times ruder about an entire state.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    WHAT THE CRAP!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    SO...I just went over and tried to catch up on the SFL nonsense that Salt was talking about.According to them I'm an inbred idiot because I'm from Georgia. Nice. I love how they absolutely BURNED that one girl Melissa for making a generalization about their board, but then made generalizations that were ten times ruder about an entire state. Wow.  Link please? What stupid biitches.  Georgia has peaches and songs by Ray Charles.  What does Florida have besides old people?

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    I would also love a link.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    NQB- Never lived in Albany, but I have a friends there, and another in Leeds. When my friend in Leeds was getting married, her bachelorette started at Bomber's. Oh the deliciousness! Being from Buffalo, we have our own delicious food, but dang...Bomber's was wonderous! They need to expand out here!I checked out that SoFl board yesterday because I heard ya'll talking about it. They are insane...
  • edited December 2011
    Ahh I see.  I've only been out to the Buff one time but I was working nonstop and didn't get to partake in any authentic buffalo wing tasting.  You a Bills fan?

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    I'm not a huge football fan, but if I had to choose a team, it'd be the Bills...purely because I think my father would disown me. ;) I can remember being about 7 and swearing I was a Miami fan because I liked their uniforms. I thought he was going to lose it right then. lol
  • edited December 2011
    LOL I hear ya.  I loved the Sharks when I was little because my mom bought me the Starter jacket (remember those?).  I would love to go to a Bills game one day because the fans are so hardcore.

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Hopefully this works.  It seems the drama may have died down over there, so I doubt it's worth stirring the pot.  Sorry it took so long, but you guys know I'm MIA on the weekends!  :)http://talk.theknot.com/boards/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=62208671&forumid=67And the exact quote was:  Wow Georgia, I knew ppl from your state were inbred, but I now I also know that sarcasm is lost on them too.  The stereotype is so true! Huge imbeciles and classless.Directed at Georgia_bride on P&E.  Apparently SFL underwent a P&E "invasion."  Still no reason to hate on the biggest state east of the Mississippi and its almost 10,000,000 (25% of whom have a bachelor's degree or higher).  Not that I hold a grudge, and will forever dislike that Knottie.  Hmph.
    Married Bio

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Oh that thread where the girl is planning her own shower 8 months in advance, yeah klassy.  I can't take anything SFL says seriously because I'm too annoyed that all of their posts are centered just because one idiot can't fix her sig.  She also calls everyone a fatty.  You'd think with a two month old she'd be a little less focused on the color scheme for her friggen shower.

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    I try to stay out of the drama over on the SoFL board...unfortunately, that's my homeboard (seeing as we live in SoFL and BF and I are planning on getting hitched here), so I do check it out once and a while for comments on some of the places/vendors BF and I are starting to look into, etc. There does seem to always be some sort of drama going on around there, usually pointless. As for the bridal shower planning bride...yeah, that appears to have caused some dramarama over there. Forgive me for sounding like a bebe (after all, technically NYE still), but I was under the impression that a bridal shower was thrown for you by someone else, namely your bridal party, a friend, or (contrary to older traditions) a female family member?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• edited December 2011
    Nope, oceana, you're not a bebe.  You're exactly right.  And when some P&E ladies tried to point that out, SoFl went BSC. Also, since you are in SoFL, perhaps you can clear up something for me.  WTH is a "bizzo"? I'm assuming biitch, but one can never tell.  SoFl board seems to have made up their own language...
  • edited December 2011
    noelle, I'm assuming "bizzo" is the SoFL equivalent of beotch. To be honest, I've never heard it used outside of The Knot, but then again, I don't prescribe to a lot of the SoFL lifestyle...just not my cup of tea, having been raised in the Midwest. Yeah, that's what I thought, in terms of bridal showers...I've actually seen some Knotties get flamed for having bridal showers thrown by female family members (sisters, mothers, etc.), but my understanding is that that tradition is a bit dated (?). My mom's been pretty vocal recently about how she wants to eventually throw my bridal shower, simply because a) given that we're doing the wedding in FL and my whole family is in OH, it gives her a chance to feel like she's a part of the whole process (her own words), and b) my bridal party are all still in school (grad school) or fairly new in their careers, and she wants to take the financial obligation off them (which, to be honest, I think is pretty incredible of her). Does anyone else think this is a faux paux? (honestly curious)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• edited December 2011
    Apparently showers are supposed to be thrown by the bridal party but I didn't know that before the knot.  For my sister's shower I helped out with the RSVPs and games but it was paid for by my mom.  And I've been to a bunch of showers thrown by moms, aunts and sisters so I think it's okay IMHO.

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Traditionally, it's not supposed to be thrown by an immediate female family member (like a mom or sister). Because it is primarily a gift-giving event, it can be seen as gift grabby if thrown by someone in your family. However, you're right that this seems a bit dated.  I've seen plenty of showers thrown by moms/aunts/sisters, and no one cared.  As long as you aren't throwing it yourself, I think you'll be fine.
  • edited December 2011
    I can almost guarantee that my mom is going to want to throw me a shower, as well as FMIL and FSIL.  If this is what makes the moms happy and keeps them somewhat off my back while planning, then I don't care about anyone's rules - they can do as they please.
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards