Not Engaged Yet

Really? No i mean REALLY??

How can some people be so stupid???? Ok... a little background I live in an apartment with Drew... and also two other roommates.. Now i like my roommates... theyre both alot of fun.. but lately they've been lazy as hell.. to the point where its just plain driving me up the fing wall. Neither of them are home very often which i am very grateful for.. and i understand that i use the kitchen more than both of them... but i also clean the kitchen when they leave stuff as well... i cant stand dishes sitting in the sink for days.. eww. in the past two weeks i havent been able to clean the kitchen as much.. last week i had the flu then this week ive had tests.. but this past weekend really sent me over the edge.. Like i said i clean the kitchen almost every day and load the dishwasher almost every night.. well i'm getting really tired of unloading and reloading and cleaning all the counters and taking out the trash.. so i cooked thursday night.... then i loaded the disherwasher with dishes we had all used... so i left the rest of the dishes in the sink because the dishwasher was going... i woke up the next morning and decided to let one of them empty it.... so i waited... and waited and waited.. then it was 10pm on friday and i had to work the next day...so i left it.. worked all 16 hrs on saturday came home after work.. still not emptied... trash still not emptied.. and kitchen still not clean... so i go to bed.. go to work 16 hours on sunday come home... still there.. and Drew had taken out the trash when he come over... Monday morning ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has been done to the kitchen except for a few dishes added to the sink... :( so it comes to monday afternoon when i need to start cooking... so i ended up having to completely do everything..... Then to top it off..... my roommate did a little quiz on facebook and one of the questions on it that was posted to her wall so it showed up on my home page... "What would you change about your home" her answer "CLEANLINESS'. our kitchen is always dirty" WTF WTF WTF... OK you really are that stupid to actually take that ON facebook when we're not only roommates but friends on facebook!!! REALLY??? then to add to it... your dumb-ass puts "our kitchen" YOUR NEVER EVEN HOME TO USE IT LET ALONG CLEAN IT WHEN YOU DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!"" sorry about the rant.. i have now decided to find a really good job so that i can move out when this lease is up and not have any roommates except for Drew.... OMG i was having such a great day and this smashed it like a bug.. and in my own defense its not like this is my first go round with roommates... i understand theres always gonna be that one person who is just lazy and doesnt mind a dirty house... well that person is definately not me.. and is both of my roommates... :(

Re: Really? No i mean REALLY??

• pinkpinotpinkpinot member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    facebook is the devil.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I had this problem with my roommates in college.  I washed all the dishes (they were all mine - don't try this if they aren't), and locked them in a trunk in my room.  The next time my roommates tried to make dinner, they had nothing to cook with and nothing to eat on.  They asked me what happened to all "our" stuff, and I told them that I had cleaned all MY stuff and put it away, because they didn't know how to take care of it properly.  They apologized and promised not to let it happen again, and they didn't.  It worked like a charm.  Got the mesage across perfectly.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • a&b=him&mea&b=him&me member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol@ facebook is the devil...the spawn of satan!Seriously, I think almost all of us have been there and you're right it is not only an irritating situation but also a sensitive one. sadly, the only way I was able to minimize this was to put my dishes away and buy paper EVERYTHING, OR if I used a dish I washed it right away.My boyfriend took the much harsher approach and simply put their dirty dishes in their room lol.Don't let it get to you!
    Hi, I'm Amanda :)

Remembering Evelyn and raising Bailey
    Evelyn Born at 24wks 6days on May 22, 2010 due to pre-e Passed away May 25, 2010

BFP# 2 Delivered 6wks early due to preeclampsia
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Photobucket

• mermadisonmermadison member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have an issue similar to this. What seems to work for the three of us was getting three plastic tubs and we put our name on them. Any dishes we dirty go into the tubs. That way the sink isn't always full of rotting food and people can better keep track of their messes. The end.
  • edited December 2011
    I loathe roommates.  I can tolerate FI but seriously communal living is not for me and every time I see a post like this my feelings are reinforced. I had roomates my first year of law school and I swear I always did my dishes (or more like I just never ate at home).  Yet one time ON THE MORNING OF OUR FIRST FINAL I left a cup I had used in the sink as I ran out the door.  I come home to find out that one of them took the cup out of the sink and put it back into my room on my desk.  Really? The same roommate always tried to schedule "house meetings" or leave dumbass post it notes.  Seriously, we were law students and none of us even used the communal living room and barely the kitchen.  What was there to talk about?  The answer was nothing.  She was so anal though, she would call a meeting to talk about people leaving their shoes in the hall FFS! When she moved out she stole my mustard and my ice cube trays.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    DH and I are living with 2 roommates right now and the dishes thing is driving me nuts. I got home on Sunday after spending the week in Dallas to find the kitchen in a total state of disarray - it was clean when we left. We're going to be moving soon so I'm tempted to just go ahead and pack everything up of ours and just start using paper plates for the next couple of weeks and let them deal with their own mess
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel you on that. The apartment I lived in last year was the same way. The girl I lived with was used to her parents cleaning up after her all the time (she was an only child, and a late in life baby, so she was spoiled rotten), and never had to do her own dishes or anything.Basically, she'd let dishes sit around everywhere, with food caked on them, and never clean hers. The kitchen was primarily her responsibility to clean, as I didn't use it much (due to research's odd hours, I'm never home). So there would be all sorts of spills and splatters around that she ignored until, oh, the day before her parents came to visit. She would then deem the apartment a pigsty and go on a rage cleaning it. Including flipping out at me because our bathroom was "messy", despite my cleaning it weekly.She actually kicked me out, as I was a bad roommate who was never home and when I was home, I was always in my room studying or doing homework. But I'm somewhere where I am much happier and it's cleaner.Also, agreed with previous posters who say facebook is evil.
  • ericswifeyericswifey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tell me about it. I have had to go out of town for school every weekend for the past month so I've spent about 8 days total at my house since September. Yet still, I am the only one who vacuums, wipes down kitchen counters, sweeps, mops, runs and unloads the dishwasher, the list goes on. Oh wait, I take that back my roommate unloaded part of the dishwasher last night... his dishes. I am so over having roommates! >:/
  • edited December 2011
    OMG story of my life! I am the ONLY one who knows how to wipe off the table, stove, or counters. I am the ONLY one who does dishes daily, which means theirs either sit in the sink (FOR UP TO A WEEK!!! I decided to test this) or I break down and do them before they start rotting. I feel like the kitchen is a constant mess; if they actually do their dishes, they don't ever put them away, they leave them in the drying rack. I am the ONLY one who can properly use a Swiffer (the one girl tries, but she only does a barely half-assed job...the other girl doesn't even try). There is no carpet, just vinyl flooring, so it's not hard to clean, but I'm the only one who does it. It gets exhausting. We are currently using MY paper towel, MY toilet paper, and they were using MY dish soap (I decided to hide it over the weekend, and they managed to find some under the sink, so once that's gone they're on their own...I will also be hiding the paper towel). Also on my list of roommate peeves: Neither of them know how to turn off the lights. The one girl leaves the fridge open the ENTIRE time she is making a meal (hello waste of energy). They are both loud (like, just talking loud...the walls are super thin). And the one girl especially likes to talk behind our backs. They leave up to 3 pairs of shoes each in the middle of the front entry way (how hard is it to put them in the closet?). I think it might be fun to move out for a week and see how awful it gets in there. Lease expires in August...I'm hoping BF and I will be able to move out on our own at that point.
    He pretty much had me at "hello".
    -- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --
  • edited December 2011
    Lease expires in AugustLike August of 2010?  There is absolutely no way I would live in that mess for almost a whole other year.  NO WAY.  Good luck, though.
    Married Bio

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Ya August 2010. But, we're having a little chat this week...they just don't know that yet. I've been making a list of all my peeves, so I can decide what I need to say to them, and what I can live with. BF is soo tired of my griping, and whenever I see a nasty mess, I get grumpy. On the bright side, the really lazy girl might be moving out January - April, and the really loud girl might be moving out May - August. The thing is, I knew both of them before we moved in, which makes it awkward. The thing I failed to consider is that they are both only children.
  • edited December 2011
    Well unfortunetly i also have a lease until aug 2010... then also the other thing... I buy ALL the food.. luckily i was able to apply for food stamps but i only get 180 bucks a month.. so 30 bucks a person a month is not much! so that when i am buying EVERYONE food (Me, Drew, Roomie 1 and her BF and Roomie 2) but its not like that goes that far when you're providing food for 5 different people...sometimes more when Roomie 2 decides to have "pre-parties" at our place...so all my juice and red bull and diet coke become chasers...then after they use them they forget to put them back in the fridge... Literally Roomie 2 has never bought groceries.. its been 4 months.. she bought 2 things of cookie dough for her sorority bake sale... thats it.. and Roomie 1 only pays for ANY food when she wants something special to make a certain meal.. :(
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, um, why do you buy all the groceries? That seems completely ridiculous! Loud roommate has taken up the ENTIRE freezer (I get the door, Lazy roommate gets 1/2 a shelf), but at least they buy their own food.
  • edited December 2011
    Well i always cook.. i'm that college student that cooks at least 3 times a week.. so i buy alot of food so i can cook.. ive lived on my own for 2 years now so i dont go out to eat everynight.. i cook.. they however go out all the time.. so they hardly ever eat but when they do eat they eat my food.. and really i dont care to buy SOME of the food since i was able to get food stamps but not ALL of the food... esp when that 180 runs out... because then i feel like when i actually spend MY money then theyre just munching off of me,...theyve never offered to pay anything and now theyre going to bi tch about the kitchen being dirty? i dont think so!
  • edited December 2011
    Ya, I cook too. Like real food, not frozen from a box. Loud roommate thinks frozen from a box is cooking, hence why the freezer is so full. I don't know how she affords to eat like that, to be honest...oh wait, her Mom pays for her groceries, that's how. Sometimes, you have to eat frozen food, but not every night.
  • edited December 2011
    1) It's not an only child thing, so please don't box us all in!  I'm an only child, and a clean-freak.  We do exist, I promise.  :)2) There is no way I would buy food for everyone.  I would stop at the store on the way home from work and buy just enough to cook for me and BF that night and that would be it.  Let 'em starve or buy their own.  It sounds like you are strapped as it is getting food stamps, so there's no reason you should be using your money and food stamps on other people.  I understand the PITA it is to stop at the store every night when you leave work, but there has to be some way that you can get the point across that just because you like to cook doesn't mean you want to cook for everyone and PAY for it too!  I do a "family dinner" at our house about once or twice a month where BF and I buy all the main stuff and I cook for all of our friends.  We enjoy doing it, and are in a financial position to where it's not an incredible burden.  But even then, our friends will bring sides and bread and drinks, etc.  There is no excuse for how your roommates are treating either of you.  Just reading your situations seriously makes me angry.
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Well thanks for understanding.. it just sucks.. and neither of them are only childern.. so they should know how to share.. but it doesnt just piss me off ....it actually hurt my feelings cause i feel like they definately take me for granted and i defintately dont need all this extra stress!! lol but i have came to a solution.. i think i'm going to get your plan with the food a try and i'm going to just clean Mine and Drew's stuff so that their stuff can sit around until they clean it... then after a month of doing this i can talk to them and prove my point that it is ALL theyre stuff! But thanks! i feel better talking about it on here..
  • edited December 2011
    Careful waiting for them to clean their stuff: If they're like Lazy roommate, they just won't (or they'll clean half of it, and say the rest isn't theirs...riiiight). And Acro, yes, I know there are only children out there who understand how to share and clean and things like that. However, these 2 apparently do not. I haven't mentioned this one yet, it's not really rude, just annoying: Loud roommate never stops singing! And it's not like she's good. But, being an only child, it didn't matter. Oh well, I'm surviving. It's part of being a student, I guess. At least I have a good landlord, and a BF to listen to me, and a car to drive away in when I want to. And neither of my roommates are partiers, that would be the ultimate worst I think. I feel like both my roommates are just very immature. Not that I feel like I'm overly mature, but I understand that certain things need to happen to keep a house running. This thread makes me feel better too! Glad I'm not alone, Amber.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah You are not alone! lol and actually the Roomie 1 came home (the one who put that on facebook) and was super nice.. plus i called my mom who had a good point to not take that quiz personal because i wouldve said the same thing on the quiz.. plus the fact that it couldve been because Roomie 2 leaves out her liqour for days from partying.. So i feel alot better... :)
  • edited December 2011
    Wait, you are using YOUR food stamps to feed your roommates that can't even do the dishes.  Abort abort.  Seriously no.  Move out immediately.  Don't let people walk all over you!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Lol Ah.. NQB.. it would be amazing to be able to do this.. but sadly i cant.. i think once this is over it will be better... Lol
  • edited December 2011
    Well at the very least start hoarding your food so they can't eat it.  Do they not work?  Why can't they apply for their own benefits?  That's crazy town if you ask me. That money is for you.

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards