Not Engaged Yet

Did you know...?

Did you know that Disney (as in Walt Disney World) makes wedding dresses and now engagement rings? How crazy is that? P.S. Some of the dresses aren't half bad, especially the princess Jasmine (from Aladin gowns).

Re: Did you know...?

• edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    take out the if you want to see it. I don't know why that always happens.
  • edited December 2011
    I've actually heard of these before - I think it's crazy My Aunt and Uncle have an unhealthy obsesssion with Disney - they lived 20 minutes from the park for years and her son got married there a few years back - I just don't get the appeal
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Don't get me wrong, Disney world is cool. I've been MGM (which they renamed to something I can't remember), Epcot, and the Magic Kingdom a bunch or times. Still, wedding dresses and engagement rings? Although the one I tried to link is pretty, I would not buy it because it's disney. Maybe because I'm in my mid to late-ish 20s.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yeah Disney is fine - I actually wouldn't mind taking a trip out there sometime since it's been 10 or 12 years since I've been. My Aunt and Uncle are just weird about it - they were complaining to us this weekend about not being able to go much anymore since they moved to Louisiana and I was just thinking 'Seriously? You've been like 50,000 times what else is there for you to do there?' They're....strange I don't think I could have put myself up to buying a wedding gown or e-ring from Disney either since I know they'd be priced way more than what they're worth - just like everything else at Disney
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • mermadisonmermadison member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not gonna lie...the Giselle dress is gorgeous. Like, I want to buy it and wear it around the house all day... ...that's not weird, right?
  • edited December 2011
    I knew about the dresses (can't believe they didn't do it sooner) but not the rings. I am neutral about it. I love Disney princesses, but not THAT much.It's the same to me as any other dress designer.
    Anniversary
  • zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I knew about the dresses, and they're pretty, though waaay expensive. Also, none of them really appeal to me.As for the engagement rings? I just feel like they're trying to push their brand too much. I'm a fan of Disney, but I was never a girl who fantasized about being a princess.
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    [url]http://www.disneybridal.com/collection/jasmine_landing.html[/url] hopefully that makes it clicky. (fyi, it usually works for me if i put it in like this: [url]yoururlhere[*/url] but without the *).it blows my mind that disney does gowns and rings. i guess i shouldn't be surprised. but i find it a little creepy, for some reason.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for fixing the link. Yeah, I guess I find it kind of strange too. When I hear Disney, I think little kids, you know? I believe the engagement rings are pretty new. Apparently the gowns have been around for a while.
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    goldie, yes, i think it's because i think of little kids that i find it a little creepy as a first reaction. but now that i think of it, i know quite a few adults who are all about disney. some of the rings are pretty:[url]http://tinyurl.com/yfq8ztn[/url]
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I wonder if the Micky Mouse logo is printed somewhere on the dress[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/b9hr8k.jpg[/IMG]
  • edited December 2011
    Sapphire I couldn't agree with you more, i just don't understand the appeal. I'm in a wedding next year and the bride is going to use crystals or something to make little mickey mouse heads (you know, the three circles) all over her veil. So no one is really going to notice but I just don't get the desire...
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards