Not Engaged Yet
Options

Apparently everyone is wrong...

It's not engagement chicken, or even a chicken cake - it's engagement Cheesy Biscuits!  Hahahaha.Anyways, so yea.  I'm engaged.  Obligatory ring shot below.  Those of you who have friended me on Facebook please hold off on congratulating me there.  FI (love it!) and I are still in the process of calling friends and family IRL and don't want it spoiled for them by seeing things on the interwebz.  Thanks![img]http://i36.tinypic.com/egvllv.jpg[/img]
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Married Bio
Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
BabyFruit Ticker
Pregnancy Blog

Re: Apparently everyone is wrong...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats! Story please.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! :D ::does a little happy dance::So happy for you...story please...let us know when we've got the green light on FB...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!conGRATS!!!!!!!!!!how did it happen!!!
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *unintentional bolding of words
  • Options
    pinkpinotpinkpinot member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's not really much of a story.  He said he had wanted to do it at Disney but had never been able to find a time when we were alone and away from our friends to do it because we were all rushing around the whole weekend.  Apparently my friends never did rat out that I knew, so I feel kinda bad for getting mad at them.He made steak and I made potatoes and green beans and cheesy biscuits and he said he wanted us to have a nice meal and night in and ask me in our home.  He actually cornered me coming out of the bathroom on the way to bed; totally not romantic, but completely perfect.  He didn't get down on one knee, there was no mushy talk.  It was just very matter-of-fact "I love you and want to be with you forever.  The past year we've basically acted like we were married already, and it's been a really good year.  Will you marry me?"  After I said yes I looked at him and started laughing and said "I feel so HONORED that you chose ME to be the one who gets to bug your for the rest of your life!" and gave him a huge hug and a kiss.In a way it was totally not what I was expecting, because I had been expecting the vacation proposal, but after looking back on it, it was absolutely perfect, and 100% him.  I wouldn't have changed it for the world.  :)
    Married Bio

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ::cracks open bottle of celebratory cheap wine:: Cookies, anyone? :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mmmm....cookies.  I will definitely have some.  :)
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!!  Glad you didn't leave to bring me any steak and potatoes now!!!  All has been forgiven :-D lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PS - The ring is B E A UTiful BTW.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww that meal sound awesome.  I'm so excited for you guys!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha StressFree!  We actually have leftovers if you want me to mail them!  :)
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL...what's bad is you had me craving it soooo bad, that I asked FI if he would grill some steaks tonight:D  I'm going by the meat store on the way home!  LOL
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And thanks!  I *love* that ring.  It's my grandma's from 1941, and it's perfect for me.  I just wish I could get a better picture of it!  :)
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Your ring is beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY ACRO!! Congrats! I'm so happy for you two!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  That ring is lovely!I started laughing when you said said he cornered you coming out of the bathroom, last night bf said when the time came he was going to anti romantic and bust in when i'm on the toilet.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! It's a beautiful ring!
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awwww i think the story is adorable and just goes to prove my belief it's not the what or how but the person that makes it special. So very happy for you both :)
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!! and cheesy biscuits sound amazing right now.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want the cheese biscuits from Red Lobster.. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aaaww CONGRATS Acro!!! Your ring is gorgeous & i also smiled for the "cornered me by the bathroom" part :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The cheesy biscuits were *almost* as good as those from Red Lobster.  That's what they're modeled after.  :)
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOOHOO! Congratulations! Yay Engagement Cheesy Biscuits!That is such a perfect story. I like these better than the storybook kind. :) Congrats again!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can I have the recipe you used? haha..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe we should add the cheesy biscuits to the menu at the bakery.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees2. Stir together 2 cups of buttermilk biscuit mix, 1/2 a teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1 to 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.3. Add 2/3 cups of milk and stir until combined throughout.4. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper in balls.5. Place in oven for ten minutes.6. Meanwhile, melt 2 Tablespoons of butter and mix in 2 teaspoons of parsley and 1 teaspoon of garlic salt.7. After ten minutes, brush each biscuit generously with the butter-parsley-garlic sauce.8. Place the biscuits back in the oven for 6 more minutes or until they are lightly browned.
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and Facebook is allowed now.  I got in touch with everyone that was necessary.  Brad still needs to call his parents, but they're not on Facebook, so it's ok.  :)
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Jeana that these type of stories are better than the 'romantic' ones.  When FI proposed, I had already gone to bed (had taken my contacts out, etc), and he came in the room, knelt by the bed, and asked if I "could see"...lolol  (I'm blind as a bat w/o contacts).  I thought he was making fun of my poor vision quality and shot him a dirty look, when in fact, I COULDN'T see the engagement ring he was holding in front of me! LOL
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards