Not Engaged Yet
Options

Price of engagement photos

I know it will definitely vary by region. I was just curious as to how much it would cost? I'm in NYC. Do you think it would be less than $1,000?

Re: Price of engagement photos

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Los Angeles and I've found a lot of photogs do them for free if you buy a certain wedding package, or for $200 or less. It depends how much you're spending on photography though. Those are the prices I've seen for photographers who do weddings for $3,000 or less, basically.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we'll be doing a destination wedding. So, we'll have to use different photographers for our engagement pictures and our wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am paying about $1500 for a package that includes engagement, bridals, wedding, an album, and several prints.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure, are you only looking in Manhattan or the other boroughs?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't live in Manhattan. I was thinking of going to Manhattan for the photos.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our are part of our package so I really don't know what they cost individually.  But I have seen other photogs that charge about $350 for an engagement session which includes all the pics on a CD.  That's upstate prices but with NYC there are so many photogs you can shop around.  Also there's no weddings during the week so if you are flexible with your scheduling you can find a deal.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours were $450 but that includes paying $150 for the location.
  • Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Or you could be creative with a friend and a digital camera. Some of the best ones I have seen are not done professionally. I'd say try it and see what you get! Mine are free because my friend is trying to build her portfolio. YAY!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine were also free because my moms friend is building her portfolio too. She did a wonderful job :)
    siggya>
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Philly, and they were 350, which includes a cd and 1.5 hours of photo time (will go over if need be). You'd have to pay if it cost $ to get into a certain location yourself. I would imagine in NYC it would either be the same, or a little more expensive. I can't imagine paying over 500 for them.
  • Options
    Mine are included in our package....which was $2500 but I know that our photographer just increased that package price to ~$4000.  If we want a second session of photos its $75.  As far as location, we can do them wherever we want pretty much in Chicago or the Chicagoland area and can have multiple locations as long as they are a)no more than 30 minutes apart b)we pay for her travel to and from the original location and c)the entire time of photos is 90 minutes or less.
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We road tripped to ours. The session was $300. Our photographers were the best. Ever.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Something worth checking out is searching Flickr for local photography boards. You can put an ad up looking for amateur or newly-professional photographers who will likely give you great prices in exchange for building their portfolios. Another note about Flickr - it's a great site for finding photo ideas. Just search key words ("engagement", "engagement photos", etc.) and you'll get 1000s to look through.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    http://www.conveyweddings.com/pricing.htmlThe whole package is 3k but you don't have to buy the whole thing.  I think these pics are beautifulhttp://www.mattramosblog.com/I like his pics too. Not sure on his pricing though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards