Not Engaged Yet

Hi! I'm new

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the knot but it was reccomended to me by a friend who reciently got married. I've enjoyed reading the forums so far :) Everyone seems to give really good advice. Just thought I'd say hi and am excited to chat with everyone :)

Re: Hi! I'm new

• Hi Everyone, I'm new to the knot but it was reccomended to me by a friend who reciently got married. I've enjoyed reading the forums so far :) Everyone seems to give really good advice. Just thought I'd say hi and am excited to chat with everyone :)

Visit The Knot!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_question-regarding-bridesmaidsjunior-bridesmaids

Clearly you haven't lurked much. You aren't engaged so don't plan your wedding or worry about wedding related things. There will be plenty of time for that when you are engaged. A lot can change between now and when you get engaged so it's really not worth your time to worry about.

This board is full of awesome women and participating on the boards can be a great experience but pre-planning isn't condoned by anyone here. But we love to get to know new people and chat about all sort of topics (most of which aren't wedding related at all). It's a great place to keep yourself from going BSC while you are waiting to get engaged.

Tell us more about yourself. Do you like to read? What you're favorite drink (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)? One food you can't live with out? How did you and your SO meet? How old are you? How long have you been together?

• edited March 2013

Actually I have been lurking for a few months. I wasn't aware that I would be bothering anyone with my questions, It wasn't a serious concern, just something I was thinking about. I was just looking for a way to get involved in the forums. Though I have been lurking I am a bit confused by some of the forums. There are plenty of wedding planning posts here under the "not yet engaged" and similar instances. I would very much appreciate an explanation so I won't post things in the future that may bug people. I have read the "new to the knot"  boards :) Thank you very much!

• Tell us more about yourself. Do you like to read? What you're favorite drink (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)? One food you can't live with out? How did you and your SO meet? How old are you? How long have you been together?

I love to read and do it often, I am currently reading the game of thrones series (haven't seen the show though). I love coffee and tea of all kinds. I could not live without popcorn :)  My SO and I met on a Christian chat site and became quick friends. We have been very close friends for 3 years and started dating 8 months ago. I am 23 and my SO is 24. We are a long distance couple of about 3 hours but are making it work :) We have made active steps towards engagement (ring, parents permission...) and I believe he is waiting for it to be warmer to actually pop the question. We love the outdoors and all of our "special places" and sentimental locations are outside, usually requiring a hike. I am an RN and work night shift (I browse The Knot while my patients are sleeping )  :)
    I am very excited and anxious to get involved with the site but will hold off on planning posts till the engagement is official per your recommendations :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-im-new-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:19c340e2-2dbb-4377-9dd6-e75d99355a9ePost:1fbc21eb-df69-4ba3-b62b-4be13bd30599">Re: Hi! I'm new</a>:
    [QUOTE]Actually I have been lurking for a few months. I wasn't aware that I would be bothering anyone with my questions, It wasn't a serious concern, just something I was thinking about. I was just looking for a way to get involved in the forums. Though I have been lurking I am a bit confused by some of the forums. <strong>There are plenty of wedding planning posts here under the "not yet engaged" and similar instances.</strong> I would very much appreciate an explanation so I won't post things in the future that may bug people. I have read the "new to the knot"  boards :) Thank you very much!
    Posted by OneLuckyNurse[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Maybe you didn't actually read them, for instance I am engaged. I as well as those other posters started on this exact board years ago to deter us from pre-planning. So we like to share what is going on now that we are in fact engaged. Planning without the groom is incredibly selfish, do you really want to marry someone or plan a day for yourself? </div><div>
    </div><div>Also very big Side note, there are actually a lot of women that are married on this board as well. And regulars don't respond well to newb snark. </div><div>
    </div>
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't mean it as snark at all! I am very sorry it came off that way. It was truly an honest question. Something I was curious about. Your answer of wanting to keep others updated is exactly what I was looking for. It explains it perfectly.  I in no way want to plan without a groom, and I have not done so. My original post was just fun wonderings nothing more. I honestly don't want to come off as Snarky at all! I am just new and had some honest questions, that is all.
  • .....I'm really not sure how to respond to this weirdness.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-im-new-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:19c340e2-2dbb-4377-9dd6-e75d99355a9ePost:a76859e8-a6fc-4276-a0d4-45faa3a4dd14">Re: Hi! I'm new</a>:
    [QUOTE].....I'm really not sure how to respond to this weirdness.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Took the words out of my mouth...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I'm really confused about the responses I got to my innocent post. I'm confused : anyone shed some light?
  • Well, let's see - you have a post that's been deleted that Beth apparently caught you preplanning in, you're claiming to have lurked for months without actually reading any posts because somehow you missed that those posting WR things are actually engaged, and you had no idea that there's a range of not engaged, engaged, and married women on this board.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ... wait... did someone just DD but continue talking on the thread as though nothing was amiss? What?

• I am willing to give the OP the benefit of the doubt here. She posted ONE thing about junior bridesmaids, Beth explained that pre-planning doesn't go well around here, and OP said she gets it and it won't happen again. 

OP, I joined TK and started posting on NEY when my BF suggested we look at rings together. He proposed to me about 3 months later and in that time (and since then) I made some really great friends on this board so that's why I stuck around after getting engaged. A lot of engaged and married women stick around because they've been in your shoes before and it's good to get advice from people who have been there. If all the married women left TK, who would be here to help newbs out with questions/advice?

What toppings do you like on your pizza?
    What's the best vacation you've ever taken?
    Do you have any furbabies?

• Hi OP.Welcome!
    Do you have a favorite dessert?
    Favorite book?

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-im-new-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:19c340e2-2dbb-4377-9dd6-e75d99355a9ePost:6a988147-854b-4c72-8320-46399e2e8bc1">Re: Hi! I'm new</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I am willing to give the OP the benefit of the doubt here. She posted ONE thing about junior bridesmaids, Beth explained that pre-planning doesn't go well around here, and OP said she gets it and it won't happen again.</strong>  OP, I joined TK and started posting on NEY when my BF suggested we look at rings together. He proposed to me about 3 months later and in that time (and since then) I made some really great friends on this board so that's why I stuck around after getting engaged. A lot of engaged and married women stick around because they've been in your shoes before and it's good to get advice from people who have been there. If all the married women left TK, who would be here to help newbs out with questions/advice? What toppings do you like on your pizza? What's the best vacation you've ever taken? Do you have any furbabies?
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

hi there!  welcome!

I second the question about pizza.
    favorite snack?
    chocolate:  dark, milk, or white?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-im-new-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:19c340e2-2dbb-4377-9dd6-e75d99355a9ePost:6a988147-854b-4c72-8320-46399e2e8bc1">Re: Hi! I'm new</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am willing to give the OP the benefit of the doubt here. She posted ONE thing about junior bridesmaids, Beth explained that pre-planning doesn't go well around here, and OP said she gets it and it won't happen again.  OP, I joined TK and started posting on NEY when my BF suggested we look at rings together. He proposed to me about 3 months later and in that time (and since then) I made some really great friends on this board so that's why I stuck around after getting engaged. A lot of engaged and married women stick around because they've been in your shoes before and it's good to get advice from people who have been there. If all the married women left TK, who would be here to help newbs out with questions/advice? What toppings do you like on your pizza? What's the best vacation you've ever taken? Do you have any furbabies?
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you so much! My original post was ment in innocents, thank you for understanding, explaining and the kind words. I am glad there are engaged and married people around, it will be a great help and fonts of knowledge :) </div><div>
    </div><div>I love Veggie Pizza :), </div><div>
    </div><div>My best vacation was a trip to Louisiana with a bunch of uncles and cousins were we spent a week floating around on a pontoon boat :)</div><div>
    </div><div>I have a Dog that I have grown up with. His name is scruffy and he's old and grumy but still my baby :D</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-im-new-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:19c340e2-2dbb-4377-9dd6-e75d99355a9ePost:ce871ee2-0a4b-4983-b3a8-dbc17b30659d">Re: Hi! I'm new</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi OP.Welcome! Do you have a favorite dessert? Favorite book?
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Hmm :) Good questions. Favorite dessert would probably be rhubarb crunch :D</div><div>
    </div><div>Favorite book is harder, I love to read! My favorite though would probably be the 10th kingdom, or the inheritance cycle, or Pride and Prejudice. </div><div>
    </div><div>:D Thank you very much for the welcome!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-im-new-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:19c340e2-2dbb-4377-9dd6-e75d99355a9ePost:da12c7a5-d292-4b08-94f1-2ae5278e1510">Re: Hi! I'm new</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hi! I'm new : hi there!  welcome! I second the question about pizza. favorite snack? chocolate:  dark, milk, or white?
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

<div>Dark Chocolate all the way!!! Yumm :)</div><div>
    </div><div>Favorite snack is definately popcorn :D</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • HOw about all of you out there? 

What kind of Hobbies does everyone have?

How long have you all been involved with The Knot? 

:)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-im-new-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:19c340e2-2dbb-4377-9dd6-e75d99355a9ePost:94f2bc74-5036-4647-b241-2f767d1ec213">Re: Hi! I'm new</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hi! I'm new : Thank you so much! My original post was ment in innocents, thank you for understanding, explaining and the kind words. I am glad there are engaged and married people around, it will be a great help and fonts of knowledge :)  I love Veggie Pizza :),  My best vacation was a trip to Louisiana with a bunch of uncles and cousins were we spent a week floating around on a pontoon boat :) I have a Dog that I have grown up with. His name is scruffy and he's old and grumy but still my baby :D
    Posted by OneLuckyNurse[/QUOTE]

<div>That sounds fun! I've never been to Lousiana but FI and I are planning to go to NOLA later this year. </div><div>
    </div><div>Share pics of Scruffy, please!</div>

• edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-im-new-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:19c340e2-2dbb-4377-9dd6-e75d99355a9ePost:38dd411c-d3d0-431c-82a9-d3b102656905">Re: Hi! I'm new</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hi! I'm new : Hmm :) Good questions. Favorite dessert would probably be rhubarb crunch :D Favorite book is harder, I love to read! My favorite though would probably be the 10th kingdom, or the inheritance cycle, or Pride and Prejudice.  :D Thank you very much for the welcome!

I have never heard of rhubard crunch..that sounds interesting. Do you have a recipe?

OMG Pride and Prejudice...love love love!!!

ETA: rhubarb*
  • edited March 2013

Here is my Scruffy :) With his crazy Old man Eyebrows :)
    We didn't make it down to NOLA but we did got through shrieveport. The little local hole in the walll places were my favorite. You never knew what cool place you were going to find in the middle of no where. It was great. Have a great trip!

Rhubarb Crunch is delicious, we make it all summer long, its similar to a cobbler in many ways. If you are interested I would love to share our family recipe :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-im-new-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:19c340e2-2dbb-4377-9dd6-e75d99355a9ePost:38dd411c-d3d0-431c-82a9-d3b102656905">Re: Hi! I'm new</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hi! I'm new : Hmm :) Good questions. Favorite dessert would probably be rhubarb crunch :D Favorite book is harder, I love to read! My favorite though would probably be the 10th kingdom, or the inheritance cycle, or Pride and Prejudice.  :D Thank you very much for the welcome!
    I read Pride and Prejudice it was a good book, my next book to read is actually Pride and Prejudice with zombies.  It seems interesting.

Anniversary

• If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?

Also the furbaby is cute.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-im-new-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:19c340e2-2dbb-4377-9dd6-e75d99355a9ePost:90288f88-b260-4504-bc3f-69e76891e5fe">Re: Hi! I'm new</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hi! I'm new : I read Pride and Prejudice it was a good book, my next book to read is actually Pride and Prejudice with zombies.  It seems interesting.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Loved Price and Prejudice and zombies! Actually just bought Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters :)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-im-new-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:19c340e2-2dbb-4377-9dd6-e75d99355a9ePost:24d19bab-a2ca-4d74-9e01-2b54af2ff29a">Re: Hi! I'm new</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be? Also the furbaby is cute.
    Posted by buddysmom80[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thanks, I think he's cute too :) </div><div>
    </div><div>I would travel to England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland if I could go anywhere :) I am Celtic and would love to see where my family is from, explore Castles and listen to those awesome accents :D</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-im-new-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:19c340e2-2dbb-4377-9dd6-e75d99355a9ePost:09c2e5cc-5b34-4be0-9231-4d9809c5485e">Re: Hi! I'm new</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hi! I'm new : Loved Price and Prejudice and zombies! Actually just bought Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters :)
    That sounds awesome. Glad to Pride and Prejudice zombies is good. Your dog is so cute!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards